Cagliari Beach Suggestions?

Debbbiee

Does anyone know the name of a good beach at this port and have advice on how to get to the beach?

I've searched past "Cagliari" posts and threads and can't seem to find this particular information.

Thank you. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 2:31 AM, Debbbiee said:

oes anyone know the name of a good beach at this port and have advice on how to get to the beach?

The main beach is called Poetta.  It runs for several miles and isn't far from the port as it is actually part of Cagliari town. Public buses and taxis can get you there easily. As it is so long, there is more than one bus stop serving the beach area. I cannot remember how long, but it wasn't ages or miles and I am guessing maybe only max 15 minutes from getting on the bus, but you need to get to that first.

We found it by chance when we were on a bus heading to a flamingo area and saw it from the window. The main road divides the beach from the lagoon/wetlands where the flamingos are to be found.  We only had a short walk along the beach as we had spent the morning exploring the historic upper part of Cagliari and had watched flamingos so our time was almost up.

There were a number of small beach restaurants and cafes on the section we walked, and chairs and umbrellas could be rented.

I do not know if all those miles of beach are called Poetta or if there are differently named sections but you could find that info online  You would also find reviews and maybe other nearby beaches if you googled something like " Cagliari beaches"or similar.We easily found bus routes and timetables online and used these to plan our day there.

Past threads about Cagliari, choose which to read from these;

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=cagliari&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=464

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1