LHR flights border agent strike 5/31-6/3

Posted (edited)

Anyone going soon might look at alternative flights.  Splendor leaves the 30th so should be ok but if you are arriving early for the 9th this may impact you.

Fresh airport chaos looms as Heathrow workers are posed to stage more walkouts at half-term in a row over a new staff roster | Daily Mail Online

Edited by Lonedaddy

Posted (edited)

We head home on June 2 via Heathrow after a cruise and post land tour. Do you think this will affect passengers in transit? We will be coming from Athens.

Edited by GoNavyFamily
Wrong word

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GoNavyFamily said:

We head home on June 2 via Heathrow after a cruise and post land tour. Do you think this will affect passengers in transit? We will be coming from Athens.

Unlikely - you don’t go through immigration/border control whilst transiting via a UK airport.

Edited by snh01
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GoNavyFamily said:

Are you on BA both legs?  If so you would stay in T5 and not have to go landside through border control.

5 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

Are you on BA both legs?  If so you would stay in T5 and not have to go landside through border control.

We are ba both legs but land in t5 and depart t3 according to what we can determine right now

6 minutes ago, GoNavyFamily said:

We are ba both legs but land in t5 and depart t3 according to what we can determine right now

They have an interterminal airside bus from T5 to T3 so no border control.

This page should help with clear instructions:

Flight connections | Information | British Airways

From what I read, each of the prior threatened strike days (starting from April 30) were cancelled or postponed due to continuing union talks.  I would not sweat this.  On the other hand, we fly through LHR in July and August, so maybe I should worry.

2 hours ago, Bruce61 said:

From what I read, each of the prior threatened strike days (starting from April 30) were cancelled or postponed due to continuing union talks.  I would not sweat this.  On the other hand, we fly through LHR in July and August, so maybe I should worry.

You should worry anytime you go through LHR.

When booking flights that connect to any major hub in Europe or problematic airports in the US we try to allow 3 hours.  Then, if everything is running on time we can relax and enjoy ourselves (imbibe) in the lounge.

• Like 1