Renaissance LAX questions

lkmamom

I was wondering if anyon has stayed at the Renaissance LAX?? We are interested in that hotel precruise and was particularly interested in what may be within walking distance, ie could we purchase sodas somewhere close by or where would the nearest place to take a taxi be? Sorry, have not been to LA full of questions:o

Linda

While we have not stayed at this hotel we have stayed at several in the immediate LAX area (we also used to live in LA area) and there is really no place to walk to from any of the LAX hotels. It's an area of hotels, car rental lots, and office bldgs. (there are a couple of fast food places around). Other then that, nothing much.

If you want to take a taxi someplace I'd suggest either Marina del Rey or Manhattan Beach. The marina area is lovely and is to the north of LAX. Manhattan Beach is to the south. There is a pier there, beach side sidewalks, many restuarants, stores, etc. (you could buy your sodas or whatever). Of course there are also restuarants and stores in Marina del Rey as well. I would not go any further then these two places if I were just overnighting at LAX. Traffic around the airport is miserable and a taxi will cost quite a bit.

I was wondering if anyon has stayed at the Renaissance LAX?? We are interested in that hotel precruise and was particularly interested in what may be within walking distance, ie could we purchase sodas somewhere close by or where would the nearest place to take a taxi be? Sorry, have not been to LA full of questions:o

Linda

We recently stayed at Rennaisance Montura Hotel near LAX and were very pleased. It is a lovely,well kept property and we certainly had no complaints. We got an excellent rate of $99 and the hotel concierge was most helpful in assisting us with cabs, tours, shuttles, etc. (We were there two days prior to our cruise). There is a restaurant inside the hotel and a Burger King across the street. If you are willing to walk a block and a half, there are shuttles available to nearby shopping. Our group of eight would certainly stay there again and we don't think you will be disappointed with The Rennaisance Montura. Happy traveling! Jaybird from SC

Archived