Wait time - Kids' club on Breakaway

We cruise Breakaway in 13 days and I'm wondering about the lines to check in your kids to the camp...

Do kids have the option to check themselves in if they're older? Do they have to stand in the same line? Is the wait really up to 2 hours??? 

I just can't imagine spending that amount of time to check in my 9 year old but he has always enjoyed this camp on other cruise lines. 

Seems ridiculous and I hope this isn't true. 

Kids 12 and under are not allowed to check themselves in or out from the Splash Academy. The lines are longer on cruises during spring break, holiday breaks, etc... because there are more kids.

I can't predict how long (time wise) the lines will be on any future cruise, but would expect them to be longer than in the past due to less staffing.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/family-cruises/youth-programs/faq

Here is a link to the FAQs for the different kids clubs on NCL. 

We have used Splash academy in the past and it was very good. Our child is now old enough for the Teen room, so she can check herself in and out. We were on the Escape over Christmas and there were times she couldn't go into Entourage because it was at capacity. 

All kids clubs are first come first served, and possible they could be full and not available to everyone.