NCL... Bar Harbor... Why?

12 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

I wonder if the proclivity to change ports frequently and often after final payment would be of interest to some Attorneys General or as class action for violating truth in advertising laws or other laws against bait and switch tactics?

I suppose they could try. But my guess is the Attorney General, or any lawyer, would take one look at the cruise contract and say, "not gonna happen".

13 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

I wonder if the proclivity to change ports frequently and often after final payment would be of interest to some Attorneys General or as class action for violating truth in advertising laws or other laws against bait and switch tactics?

people seem to sue over all kinds of stuff most people just shrug off…latest one I read about was a class action suing Reeses because the actual Reese’s bats and pumpkins don’t look like the drawings on the wrappers 

Or the federal government which I recall reading is going to force airlines, hotels,resorts and other travel related businesses to disclose all their fees in the up front pricing rather than lure you in with a low price, then add the fees and taxes at checkout?

NCL is a foreign corporation operating foreign-flagged vessels.  It’s difficult to sue them in the US as they full well meant it to be when they set up it up.

1 hour ago, wolfie11 said:

NCL is a foreign corporation operating foreign-flagged vessels.  It’s difficult to sue them in the US as they full well meant it to be when they set up it up.

NCL is an American corporation, listed on the NYSE as NCLH.  Its corporate headquarters is located in Miami.  It owns ships which are registered in a country other than the USA.  It also is the only major cruise line which owns and operates a ship which is US flagged and registered.  I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV, but I imagine a clever enough lawyer could find a way to bring NCL to court in the USA.

27 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

NCL is an American corporation, listed on the NYSE as NCLH.  Its corporate headquarters is located in Miami.  It owns ships which are registered in a country other than the USA.  It also is the only major cruise line which owns and operates a ship which is US flagged and registered.  I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV, but I imagine a clever enough lawyer could find a way to bring NCL to court in the USA.

Wrong.  They are incorporated in Bermuda and domiciled in the US.  Huge difference.

1 hour ago, wolfie11 said:

Wrong.  They are incorporated in Bermuda and domiciled in the US.  Huge difference.

I double checked and you're right.  The place of NCLH's incorporation is Bermuda, but it's shares are listed on the NYSE.  That brings about a level of oversight and places the company under a measure of being subject to many US laws.  I'll leave it to the lawyers on this forum to discuss.