Hotel and Parking in Seattle Quiestion

spendalot

Hi, We are cruising in May to Alaska and are looking for hotel and parking arrangements in Seattle.

We are booked on a 7 day. on previos cruises out of San Pedro we were able to leave our car at our hotel. They included the parking in thier stay and cruise package. Great Price

Anyone out there know of any great deals availablle in Seattle. Also how about a great seafood rest. close to the hotel? or Pikes Place?

Thanks

Try a google on "sea-tac" and "parking" -- there are some great deals there -- looked it up a few days ago for my sister who lives in Seattle and will be coming to visit us next weekend. The best price that I saw was $5.25/night with free airport shuttle.

I fear if you are looking for a downtown or waterside hotel with a parking package where you can leave your car while you cruise it will be hard to find. Most of the downtown hotels charge $20+ to park your car there on nights that you are staying with them.

Most of the parking packages that I have seen are near the airport -- possibly there are others out there.

I agree with ARZZ that you are unlikely to find no-cost parking in downtown. If you are willing to stay in the SEA-TAC or Renton area, you may have better luck.

Here are some links to Seattle resources including something from Cruise Critic.

http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/

http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=52

Favorite seafood restaurant: http://www.saltys.com/

Seattle is a good city for Priceline hotel bidding. Check out Bidding For Travel to help learn the ropes.

Best wishes for your cruise. Seattle is a wonderful city - hope you will have some time to enjoy it.

Free or cheap parking in Seattle! HA HA HA HA - oh sorry, that was rude of me!

You want cheap - try the Holiday Inn Express on Dexter Ave. North. Daily parking is only about $5. It's located 4 blocks from Seattle Center/Space Needle and a 20 - 25 minute walk from the downtown retail core. It's located next to the old highway 99, so west facing rooms are probably noisey, but all rooms are airconditioned so you don't have to open the windows.

As for seafood: IMHO the two best places for seafood in Seattle are both downtown. Etta's Seafood is at 2020 Western Ave. Also, The Flying Fish is at 2234 1st Ave in Belltown (adjacent/north of downtown).

We are staying at the Springhill Suites Seattle South/Renton which is near SeaTac. We are flying in so didn't have to worry about parking, but I thought that I remember seeing something about their offering parking. When are you sailing to Alaska. DW and I are on the Oosterdam leaving Seattle on May 27th.

Richard

There is parking right at the pier. Restaurants, Ivars on the water next to the fire house and they have in side dining but more expensive. The are many many fish places inexpensive eat outside all along the water. There are many expensive on the water also. One is at pier 66.

Thanks everyone

We are sailing on May 14th Westerdam.. We have sailed Osterdam before, wow did we like it. We were traveling with brother and sister-in-law, the first night we ate at PG (liked it) and the rest of the cruise we had room service deliver right off of the dinner menu, it was fantastic. We had two SS suites and had dinner out there every night.

I always like to ask about any good deals out there for hotel and parking because one just never knows. I have been pleasantly surprised and delighted many times . Sounds like Seattle is not as friendly to free or low cost parking thats ok.

i am looking forward to trying some of the restaurants recomended.

Again Thanks everyone.

Thanks everyone

Sounds like Seattle is not as friendly to free or low cost parking thats ok.

Rarely if ever are you going to find free or low cost parking in a popular area of any major city. However, staying a night (or more) near or on the Seattle waterfront is well worth paying any parking fee if you end up leaving your car at the pier (or spending a few more $ to stay in town rather than out in just another suburb/airport motel).

Enjoy Seattle while you are there; it's well worth it and is a unique experience. When you look at the entire cost of a cruise the little it costs to park is just a small addition and part of adding another great day(s) to your vacation. The difference between staying in Seattle or outside in the burbs, with or without a parking fee, is hardly worth talking about and you miss so much.

Just our opinion, but it comes with lots of Seattle experience.

Archived