Live from the Volendam - New England & Canada (May 25 to June 1)

2 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Yes please.

I'll grab a picture of that when I go past. There are a couple of couches, but mostly just rows of chairs.

2 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

It use to be one big room, I am trying to figure out how big is the area of couches are could it hold 60 people?

Here are the pictures - as I said, it isn't really couches:

PXL_20240529_154512558.thumb.jpg.5eebc148a945f8b80f09f6388af3396f.jpg

PXL_20240529_154516306.thumb.jpg.214276c3a7165afb1d031bb84c40232c.jpg

And then it's this behind the curtain:

PXL_20240529_154521898.thumb.jpg.a7349521898efca766ae057912e4578f.jpg

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

I noticed your cabin is on the port side. Is there a preferred side for this cruise or are the views from both sides good? 

I'm not sure it matters. We've been facing the port in Halifax and Charlottetown. I think I'd rather face the port in Charlottetown and the harbor in Halifax. I'll let you know which way we dock in Quebec City.

14 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

Is there a good WIFI signal in 6228?   Also, how many power outlets in the room?

We're in 6224, and it's totally fine, unless you are on the balcony. There are two US outlets and an EU outlet on the desk. As far as I can tell, there is nothing by the bed. And it looks like there is a USB in the table lamp.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

We're in 6224, and it's totally fine, unless you are on the balcony. There are two US outlets and an EU outlet on the desk. As far as I can tell, there is nothing by the bed. And it looks like there is a USB in the table lamp.

Thank you!    The room description at HAL.com said not all rooms can receive WiFi.    And we got the package that includes WiFi.   Perhaps they may need to update.   A while back, we were on the Sapphire Princess and our suite was supposed to have WiFi included, but we seldom could connect.

23 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

Thank you!    The room description at HAL.com said not all rooms can receive WiFi.    And we got the package that includes WiFi.   Perhaps they may need to update.   A while back, we were on the Sapphire Princess and our suite was supposed to have WiFi included, but we seldom could connect.

I've had no issue with connecting or bandwidth. I think Starlink really helped.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

I'm not sure it matters. We've been facing the port in Halifax and Charlottetown. I think I'd rather face the port in Charlottetown and the harbor in Halifax. I'll let you know which way we dock in Quebec City.

What about the view while sailing? Your view of the other land masses looks great from the port side. Thank you.
Looks like you are having great weather! 

Edited by paddingtonbear

24 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

What about the view while sailing? Your view of the other land masses looks great from the port side. Thank you.
Looks like you are having great weather! 

It's probably better on the port side north and the starboard side south, but yesterday was also a weird day.