Jewel of the Seas – Junior Suite – Noise Question

We are considering a 2007 cruise and typically book a junior or grand suite.

In 2005 we had a grand suite (deck 8) on Splendour and the noise every morning was just horrible. The suite was located just about mid way between the pool bar and the pool (one deck below of course). Every morning starting around 6-7 am it sound like chairs being dragged around immediately above us. I know this is an old ship, the bed was almost unusable, but we have never experienced this type of noise before.

If we book a junior or grand suite on Jewel, many of the cabins will be under the pool and dinning areas.

If any of you have been in a junior or grand suite on the Jewel, I’d appreciate hearing if noise was an issue.

Thanks,

Mike

12 cruises (mostly RCI, Princess, & Celebity)

We are considering a 2007 cruise and typically book a junior or grand suite.

In 2005 we had a grand suite (deck 8) on Splendour and the noise every morning was just horrible. The suite was located just about mid way between the pool bar and the pool (one deck below of course). Every morning starting around 6-7 am it sound like chairs being dragged around immediately above us. I know this is an old ship, the bed was almost unusable, but we have never experienced this type of noise before.

If we book a junior or grand suite on Jewel, many of the cabins will be under the pool and dinning areas.

If any of you have been in a junior or grand suite on the Jewel, I’d appreciate hearing if noise was an issue.

Thanks,

Mike

12 cruises (mostly RCI, Princess, & Celebity)

I had GS 1552 twice and GS1554 once on the Jewel and noise was never an issue. I was surprised as they are near the Centrum and there is loud music every evening that can be heard up to deck ten. Once you are on the coridor in front of the rooms it´s much more silent already, but once you close your door from inside there is nothing to be heard. Also never heard something from above.

Archived