luggage limitation/what will fit in the room

ljrfrm

Several questions regarding luggage:

We bought a rental home in Roatan that I'm working on furnishing. I would like to bring a bunch of needed items to leave in Roatan at the house when we're there for the day. Does Carnival impose a limitation in luggage. I know the airlines limit...but is Carnival the same? Also, I know I don't want to be tripping over these bags for 4 days until I drop them off, how many do you think I can store under beds....remember, we'll have our empty suitcases from our clothes too. The thought of lugging all this stuff is not appealing..not with having to pack for 5 as it is....but it's so much easier and cheaper than trying to ship. Thanks for your help.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Paradise 6/27

As far as I remember per paperwork and webiste Carnival doesn't limit luggage. We had an inside adn there isn't much clearance between teh bed and floor (maybe 6 inches) so I think you owuld have a hard time storing much there unless it was thin. There wasnt' much other spce for storage, we almost didn't have enough room for our clothes once out of the cases and there were only two of us.

Kathy

Mom to Taylor(6), BJ(3, Alison(2) and Mikey(9 months)

6/6/04 Carnival Destiny-MY FIRST CRUISE!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;6;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

It might help that the closets were rather large, and there was a vanity type opening in the dresser, which you might be able to put a bag or two into. Since there was no nightstand on "my" side of the bed I stood my suitcase on end and used that. I think if you "don't panic" you will find little places to put things, but if you plan to bring a refrigerator or a sofa you might have a problem!

Good luck. icon_biggrin.gif

Mary

Triumph Eastern 10/03

Victory CTN 6/17/04

Sensational Cruise from the Bayou 10/23/04

Which ship are you going to be sailing and what type of cabin? On the Spirit & Conquest class ships, the balcony rooms have lots of storage. IMHO, if you can haul it to the dock in one vehicle, you'd be able to store it in your cabin.

dolph.gif

Carnival Pride 5/4/02

Carnival Conquest 1/19/03

Carnival Legend 1/16/04

Carnival Destiny 10/24/04

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

florida_fl_md_wht.gif

On the Victory and the Miracle all of our luggage fit under the bed. We just packed one inside of the other and it worked just fine. We had 3 suitcases and the largest is about 10 inches high and it fit.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Legend Party to Nowhere October 22, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2005;5;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until our Legend Cruise to Somewhere May 13, 2005

Holiday May 2, 1987

Imagination Jan 22, 2001

Victory Sept 13, 2003

Miracle May 9, 2004

Legend Oct 22, 2004

Legend May 13, 2005

Thanks all for your responses. We're on the Paradise in a 6A. Also, my boys are across the hall - so we have under their bed too!

I have three extra bags packed as of now.....would love to bring one more but I think I'll stop here. They're full of plates/cups (unbreakable kind), towels etc. for bathroom, coffee maker/blender (gotta have to foo foo's on Roatan) and toaster, etc. I'm not bringing the iron on this trip....wouldn't want people to think I'm going to use it. Also not bringing some other kitchen supplies like knives, etc. So, hopefully we won't have any problems. I'm dreading lugging it all but will be so happy to have it there! I'm returning to Roatan for a week in july with more stuff but won't have hubby to help me haul everything..so I love the idea of bringing a lot now. Plus, it may help me cut down on overpacking.

Thanks again for your help/advice.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Paradise 6/27

Archived