Spirit Questions

twinss

1. I've heard its a good idea to book specialty restaurants upon boarding. Does the customer service desk have the main dining rooms menu available so that we will decide which nights to reserve the specialty restaurants?

2. Bringing wine on board. Do you put it in your carry on and pay corkage fee upon boarding? Can you bring wine to your room once you pay fee? Can you bring your own cork opener on board, or is it something that will set the metal dector off?

3. Is it true there is an outlet in the rooms that is compatible with our appliances?

4. Private Island...true to book life vest the night before so to guarantee an early tender to island (and further guarantee a lounge chair on the island)?

Thanks for your anticipated feed back.

1. I've heard its a good idea to book specialty restaurants upon boarding. Does the customer service desk have the main dining rooms menu available so that we will decide which nights to reserve the specialty restaurants?

2. Bringing wine on board. Do you put it in your carry on and pay corkage fee upon boarding? Can you bring wine to your room once you pay fee? Can you bring your own cork opener on board, or is it something that will set the metal dector off?

3. Is it true there is an outlet in the rooms that is compatible with our appliances?

4. Private Island...true to book life vest the night before so to guarantee an early tender to island (and further guarantee a lounge chair on the island)?

I just got home from the Spirit so I'll try to help.

1. Yes you should book early. They fill up quick sometimes. You can see the menus at the Reservation Desk adjacent to reception on Deck 7.

2. Can't help you there, I didn't bring any wine.

3. In our stateroom which was an inside, it had one outlet by the desk.

4. From what I saw tenders were first come first serve. We came over on the 3rd or 4th tender. I had no trouble getting my vest and a lounge chair. They don't reserve chairs. I would go as early as possible because as the day went on a lot of people were complaining they couldn't find seats.

Hope this helps.

Mike

in our carry on luggage. We didn't "hide" it, but no one asked about it. We were charged the corkage fee (415) at the restaurant when we first brought it to dinner.

I suppose that if we had drank it in our room there would have been no charge.

HTH!

We cruised on the Spirit 12-19 Mar 06. Here's my take on your questions:

1. If you want to eat at Tappanyaki (the Hibatchi Grill resturant that's part of Shogun), book the first day. There's only 2-3 seatings for 12-15 people each night and it sold out by Wednesday. We didn't have a problem booking the Shogun or LeBistro by Wednesday.

2. Can't comment, didn't bring anything on board.

3. There are outlets in the room and the bathroom that work on 110 AC.

4. The ship started tender service to Grand Stirup Cay at 0700, but by the time we got up, got dressed and had breakfast, we ended up leaving at 0900 and there wasn't much of a crowd on the Tender. I think that folks who reserved parasailing and snorkeling were given early tender seats. There were planty of empty chairs on the beach when we got there and although there were lots of folks there, it didn't seem crowded, at least until you had to stand in line for the lunch buffett :o(

To add, the power receptacles aboard the Spirit are limited to 500 Watts. That should be sufficent for most electronic appliances, but not for most hair dryers sold in America which are rated from 1500 to 1800 Watts.

After paying your corkage fee, you can take your bottle of wine to your room and also to the main restaurants. Keep tabs of your receit so you will not have to pay a second corkage fee at the restaurant. I don't think you will have problems bring a cork screw aboard.

Archived