Wine...what's the deal

bellazoemom

"Officially", the answer is one bottle. Theoretically, if you brought more than one, CCL could confiscate it. But "unofficially", they probably won't complain if you bring two. Now, if you brought a case, the answer would probably be different :)

Off of the Glory yesterday. We had about 19 bottles of wine with us.

Plus a few more that were purchased in STT and ST Maarten.

No problem getting them on. We did have 22 people. But checked in with 13.

Zebster, I read your post and had to do a double take - didn't see the part about 22 people! :D

Zebster, I read your post and had to do a double take - didn't see the part about 22 people! :D

Did I say 22?? I thought I typed 2! ;)

Really it was 22. Just a note most of these bottles were uncorked in the Dining room. We were charged $30 on the last night as a corkage fee. Waitress said the Maitre'D noticed we had some and she had to cover her butt. NO PROBLEM! Our asst waiter even got some of the bottles from my DD to chill before we had dinner. Great wait team!:D

"Officially", the answer is one bottle. Theoretically, if you brought more than one, CCL could confiscate it. But "unofficially", they probably won't complain if you bring two. Now, if you brought a case, the answer would probably be different :)
Tell that to the people who actually carried on a case. ;) We usually take one bottle of champagne per night. We'll drink most of it out on our balcony, not in the dining room.

On our Liberty cruise last month, my sister brought 20 bottles of wine onboard. As we were going through X-ray, the Carnival rep just asked us if it was hard liquor or wine. When we told him wine, he didn't say a word. Our wine steward chilled the white wine for us before dinner. He never charged us a corkage fee (we didn't drink all 20 in the dining room, but we brought 1-2 bottles X 5 nights). We gave the waiter $30 at the end of the week. We were charged a corkage fee when we brought it to the Supper Club.

Just back from the Spirit. Brought on 6 bottle of wine along with some gin and vodka in water boottles, a small bottle of Baileys, and a flask of rum. No problems!!

Everything was in my checked luggage with the exception of the wine. Went and bought it at Ralph's and went through security carrying the six pack of wine only. Took one bottle to dinner and did not get charged the corkage.

Cheers

DJ

I have two questions...

I'm sailing on my b-day in August and would like to bring my own bottle of bubbly ... 1st is there any fee for drinking it in the room (don't laugh I'm never surprised by fees anymore)... and 2nd how hard would it be to get the bottle chilled in the room?

I have two questions...

I'm sailing on my b-day in August and would like to bring my own bottle of bubbly

No fee. You should have a fridge aboard the Valor. And, if you have any problems chilling it, your steward will be more than happy to fill your ice bucket

Archived