Classical music on the Encore?

Does Seabourn currently offer any classical music performances on the Encore? Ideally a soloist or a trio/quartet playing classical music and not pop music arrangements (although that can be quite nice too). 

On 5/31/2024 at 2:05 AM, arcadia78 said:

Does Seabourn currently offer any classical music performances on the Encore? Ideally a soloist or a trio/quartet playing classical music and not pop music arrangements (although that can be quite nice too). 

We’ve been on the Encore twice, including last October. There was no classical music. Not even from the pianist. 

The guest artists they have onboard is where you’ll find more classical performances, but more in a theatre than lounge setting.  On Ovation recently we had Wendy Law performing on cello, and we’ve also had classically trained pianists like Roy Tan.  Slightly off topic, but IMHO I think entertainment has been getting a lot better on Seabourn the last couple years.  We had Jonathan Christopher who is currently in Sweeney Todd on Broadway on the Ovation transatlantic crossing, and he delivered some amazing performances.  

• Thanks 1

Thank you! I have no expectations regarding the entertainment as this will be my first cruise 😊. But it’s good to hear that it seems to be improving on Seabourn.

I guess it will be mostly pop/standards/Broadway tunes and will be pleasanly surprised if they offer classical music. I think it would be lovely but I unterstand I‘m in the minority here. 

• Like 1