Port of Quebec City Shuttle accessibility

Will be traveling to Quebec City for a Princess Cruise in September.  Does anyone know if the shuttle to old town is handicapped accessible? If not, is it walkable?  My husband uses a GoGo scooter. Thanks for any info you can give us.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2024 at 10:10 PM, PTMom1974 said:

Will be traveling to Quebec City for a Princess Cruise in September.  Does anyone know if the shuttle to old town is handicapped accessible? If not, is it walkable?  My husband uses a GoGo scooter. Thanks for any info you can give us.

Quebec City within the old part is much like Europe. Think lots of cobble stone and also a massive hill from the water to where a lot of things are. It was a great defensive position but not so great for accessibility. You may want to ask on either the Princess or the port boards for details about the shuttle sorry I have not been to Quebec City by cruise ship.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back from QC, although not on Princess, and it is very unfriendly for those of us with mobility issues.  My dad struggled pushing me up the hills.

If you are able to navigate the hills and cobblestones as mentioned by the previous post, none of the shops are accessible.  They all have steps at the entrance or the doors are not wide enough.  Some of the shop workers were kind enough to allow my parents to show me items from the door.

I didn’t notice any busses/shuttles around QC that were accessible but to be honest i didn’t look very closely either.

We didn’t use the fernacular to get up by the chateau.  However, I did talk with one family whose elderly mother uses a wheelchair that did go up and they said it was worse than the lower level.

There is a nice park very near the port that is accessible before you reach the hills and cobblestones, also the lower part of the fort is accessible by ramp.

I wish I had better “news” for you but hopefully you can find accessible transportation and explore what does appear to be a very beautiful city.

IMG_0478.jpeg

IMG_0475.jpeg

IMG_0476.jpeg

IMG_0477.jpeg