Cabin styles/layouts similar to Carnival’s Family Harbor on other cruise lines?

Red5

Posted (edited)

Longtime cruiser planning our first family cruise for 4, with 2 kids under age 10, and looking for cabin type recommendations on Carnival, RC, or NCL. 

We like the layout of Carnival’s Family Harbor cabin. Are there any other comparable cabin types we should consider on other cruise lines?

Edited by Red5
Typo

I admit, I'm not familiar with Carnival cabins.  I can say that we enjoy any of the ultraspacious rooms on Royal Caribbean.  A lot of floor space, bunk beds are in the room and there is a pullout sofa.  These are larger than standard rooms and book quickly.  The category of interior, ocean view, or balcony vary depending on the class of ship that you are booking. 

Also, junior suites are a great option.  These also have more floor space and many of them have a bathtub for the kids.  They give you access to the suite restaurant for dinner as long as there is space available. 

We have also done connecting cabins and leave the interior door between the rooms open.  On most ships, if you have a balcony, they can also open the connecting door there and give you a larger overall balcony.  Plus, this gives you two bathrooms.