Dany Island from Santo, Vanuatu

Hello,

Has anyone done the Dany Island day trip from Santo?

Do you have to book beforehand or can you find someone to take you there on the day?

Our cruise's facebook page has someone recommending the tour all over the place but when I asked another tour operator if they go there they said that they have never heard of it and it must be run by someone overseas.

Great to see a post about Dany Island. I've been there so it was exciting to see this. Yes during cruise visits there are heaps of people who go there, it's a beautiful island just off the coast of Santo. It's run by a team of around 15 local people who were all friendly and professional. I remember hearing about it from 2016 because the snorkelling is excellent at Dany Island but it looks like the whole nation of Vanuatu went on hold for 3 years during the covid lock out. I want after that period and it was amazing. It's a bit of a hidden gem and so pretty and so well run. There was also the local tour operator's house which had notes from guests written on the actual house which was a nice touch. There are turtles too!image.thumb.jpeg.e83845b0c79fe3ece9e38673ba836a62.jpeg

B900E1B6-AD15-4F48-AC0D-11408B6F0284_1_105_c.jpeg

1BB542CB-0D2B-4A93-B065-B4EBCE5E935A_1_105_c.jpeg

• Thanks 1

As for day tour bookings, I understand that the tours are only through Dany Island since the place is a marine sanctuary and there is a limit in place for the number of people who can go at one time.

There seem to be many random tour operators (taxi car owners) near the cruise ships but they can only go to certain places and not to others. This tour had its own buses organised. We booked in advance on the official tour on the Dany Island website https://danyisland.com/book-now/ 

We are looking forward to going back again. Take some snorkels if you can, and sunscreen!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you so much for your response.  It sounds awesome.  Unfortunately I waited too long and now all the spots are sold out 😭

Edited by Lazy_Whovian