Best way from Bergen airport to Clarion Havnekontoret hotel

puppymama1

Looking for suggestions on the best way to get from the Bergen airport to our hotel which is the Clarion Hanveknotoret... Since we will have all our luggage, we are not interested in the tram.. Should we just get a taxi from the taxi line outside the airport or would it be better to use a prearranged transfer such as Welcome Pickups?  We will be arriving around 11 am on Wednesday August 14..  Thanks!

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, puppymama1 said:

Looking for suggestions on the best way to get from the Bergen airport to our hotel which is the Clarion Hanveknotoret... Since we will have all our luggage, we are not interested in the tram.. Should we just get a taxi from the taxi line outside the airport or would it be better to use a prearranged transfer such as Welcome Pickups?  We will be arriving around 11 am on Wednesday August 14..  Thanks!

The Bergen airport bus service has stops right down town in front of the harbor. I believe one stop is over close to your hotel. Less than $20.00 usd per adult. 

Edited by Haqdeluxe

Since we will be arriving with luggage, and are both senior citizens, I don't think we will want to use a bus or tram... looking for a taxi or private car pickup.  Thanks!

Keep in mind this is an airport bus, so it’s going to be the same as a Viking transfer in Bergen. From the website:

Each passenger can bring 2 pieces of luggage (max 30 kilo in total) placed in the luggage compartment under the bus. Hand luggage is carried freely as long as it can fit under your seat or on the parcel shelf.

https://flybussen.no/en/airports/bergen-airport-flybussen-bergen/?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIidivqOq9hgMVqw2tBh3gewwKEAAYASAAEgJX9vD_BwE

Posted (edited)

We used the “07000 Taxi” app.

$60 USD from the airport to town.  (You add your credit card in the app).

Helped with luggage too!

Used them to get to the port too.

Edited by HUNKY

We took a taxi last Jan.  It was about $50 or so.  There is a bus we could have caught that would let us off between the Clarion and Raddison.  It was a pretty ugly night weather wise when we came in though.

2 hours ago, HUNKY said:

We used the “07000 Taxi” app.

$60 USD from the airport to town.  (You add your credit card in the app).

Helped with luggage too!

Used them to get to the port too.

How did you find them at the airport?  Are they waiting for you with your name on a sign?  I might like arranging it ahead of time instead of just going out to the taxi stand... Do you remember how much it cost to go to the port?  thanks!  

5 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

We've used both taxi and private car, but never found any issues with availability of taxis at the airport. FYI, your hotel is about 750 meters from the cruise dock - Bergen is quite compact.

Enjoy your stay in Bergen - one of the nicest spots in Norway, even when it's raining (which happens a lot)! 🍺🥌

3 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

How did you find them at the airport?  Are they waiting for you with your name on a sign?  I might like arranging it ahead of time instead of just going out to the taxi stand... Do you remember how much it cost to go to the port?  thanks!  

I also used 07000 taxi several times.  You book them on the app just like Uber.  They show a "not to exceed fare" when you book them although there is also an airport fee and a toll charge from the airport.  It was still just under $60 as I recall.  I don't remember how we found them at the airport but we booked with the app and a taxi pulled to the front of the line almost immediately.  

We did this 10 days ago. Took a taxi from the airport (no need to book ahead). I can’t remember the cost, but it was less than the airport bus for two people. The hotel is delightful! Great staff and interesting rooms, We ate dinner and breakfast (both included in May, don’t know about June) as we had been in Bergen many times and had “done” some of the interesting restaurants. Food was good and well prepared. They also serve an afternoon “fika” of tea, coffee, pastries, etc. And even with luggage we were able to walk to the ship. Enjoy!

4 hours ago, janetcbl said:

We did this 10 days ago. Took a taxi from the airport (no need to book ahead). I can’t remember the cost, but it was less than the airport bus for two people. The hotel is delightful! Great staff and interesting rooms, We ate dinner and breakfast (both included in May, don’t know about June) as we had been in Bergen many times and had “done” some of the interesting restaurants. Food was good and well prepared. They also serve an afternoon “fika” of tea, coffee, pastries, etc. And even with luggage we were able to walk to the ship. Enjoy!

Did you just walk out of the airport and follow signs to find the taxi line?  I know the 07000 taxis are recommended… do you just look for them in the line or do you just take the first taxi at the head of the line?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, puppymama1 said:

Did you just walk out of the airport and follow signs to find the taxi line?  I know the 07000 taxis are recommended… do you just look for them in the line or do you just take the first taxi at the head of the line?  Thanks!

We are asked out the door, saw the line of taxis, told the first one in line where we were going, and off we went. Really much easier than I had anticipated .

8 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

Yes.  That’s exactly what we did.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

We walked out, booked on the app and the 07000 pulled up around the line.

The Flybussen is so easy to use and inexpensive. The bus is right outside baggage claim and you buy your ticket from the driver. We used it last summer and paid $14.00 pp. It drops off right in front of the Clarion, which by the way is a fabulous hotel and an excellent value for Norway.