Distance and cost to Doctor Cave's Beach

resdir9801

From the Montego Bay pier, what is the distance to Doctor Cave's beach and the adjacent shopping area? What will it cost to take a taxi from the pier to this location? Finally, where is Margaritiville in relation to the Doctor's Cave Beach area? Thanks!!

From the Montego Bay pier, what is the distance to Doctor Cave's beach and the adjacent shopping area? What will it cost to take a taxi from the pier to this location? Finally, where is Margaritiville in relation to the Doctor's Cave Beach area? Thanks!!

We took a JUTA cab (actually a van) from the pier to Margaritaville. The driver dropped some other passengers at the City Centre shopping area (a real pit) and then went on to Margaritaville. With the detour, the $4 pp trip was 15-20 minutes max. Doctor's Cave Beach is just beyond Margaritaville, so if you went directly there from the pier it would be a 20 minute ride for $4.

Don't accept a ride from the guys who hang out on the other side of the fence at the pier and offer rides and "tours." There is a dispatcher when you exit the terminal who will direct you to a JUTA cab who charge standard fares; just make sure you ask for the fare before you get in the taxi.

I think i may have read that you can walk from Doctors Cave Beach to Margaretville.... Is this correct. We will have our 6yr old and want to be as safe as possible there.

So to sum up. Can i take the Van from the Carnival ship to Doctors Cave Beach. Then walk on my own to Margaretville. Then can i get another Van/Cab and go back to the Carnival ship.

Thank you for helping. This website has been a lifesaver for our planning.

So to sum up. Can i take the Van from the Carnival ship to Doctors Cave Beach. Then walk on my own to Margaretville. Then can i get another Van/Cab and go back to the Carnival ship.

I would not, especially with a six year old in tow. It's a narrow road, lots of traffic, I'm not sure that there's a sidewalk or even a decent shoulder. Best to take a $3 or $4 pp taxi from Doctor's Cave Beach to Margaritaville.

Archived