Nassau Palm Trees pulled up

Gary1960

Just noticed they have pulled up many palmtrees around the excursion docks that they only planted last year. I wonder if they are doing more construction

This development has been very disappointing and does not entice me to get off the ship.

• 5 weeks later...

Right. I'm wondering the same thing but cannot find anything on the net about it. So I'm just watching and waiting to see what they do with the space. That said, the next time I'm in Nassau, we're not leaving the secure area inside the cruise terminal as a form of protest against the community of Nassau for doing an abysmal job of crime reduction. 

I have vacationed in Nassau around 50 times since the early 70's mostly no cruise visits. There has always been a crime warning in Nassau just as there have always been crime warnings in many major cities here in the US. DC, Chicago and New Orleans come to mind as I visit them often. I'm fortunate to never have had any issues in all my travels. I don't find the secure area in Nassau inviting so always venture out. I do agree the Bahamian government could be doing a much better job from a safety standpoint. Also the local city/state governments of the US cities 

I visit could be doing a much better job.