MSC Seashore review (non YC)

dsain

On 6/10/2024 at 12:30 AM, thepants said:

Thank you for this review. We are coming from NC too!!! We have traveled both RCI and Carnival. However due to the price of MSC and the ports, we are booking our next cruise for our family of 5 with MCS from port Canaveral. A little nervous but your review set some of my mind at ease.

I have a few questions if you do not mind:

1) can you order water, wine, alcohol or sodas to your stateroom (is there even a mini fridge?) we love having some snacks and waters handy in our room.

2) how much were the cappuccino drinks? My husband does shots of espresso so he would be looking for that cost.

3) did you kids use the kids clubs? Did they like them. We have a 15,13 and 10 year old.

4) can you really not bring a hair straightener (I read this elsewhere) and are the outlets euro outlets or American? 

We had the easy plus package so can’t speak too much to processor pre ordering.  I do remember looking at the coffee menu and seeing the cappuccino’s are in the $4-$5 range.  There is a mini fridge in the room you can ask your room steward to empty for you.

My kids quit going to the kids clubs a couple years ago 😭. I did look at the activities and they looked really good.  One night I even saw the kids club in the atrium doing line dances.  I did note that on the group sailing social media page some parents were complaining about the kids club being closed when it should have been opened.

I only used the provided hair dryer and it’s not great.  I have very fine hair and even that took forever to dry!  I personally would attempt to bring my own on and just know it may get taken and have to be collected on the last night.

9 hours ago, umpisoccer said:

How were the nightly shows and entertainment? Did you enjoy the new Cruise Director?

We only went to the broadway music show and we enjoyed it!!  Again,  very subjective and many bashed it, but I really enjoyed it.

From what I saw we enjoyed the cruise director.  It was a breath of fresh air to not have constant announcements all day long pushing sales and activities!  We thought there were plenty of activities offered and the cruise director seemed fun and upbeat.