Silver Shadow NE/Canada

commodoredave

KY Deb--thanks for your comments.  We are newbies to Siversea doing the same itinerary Aug 29th. Do you have comments or recommendations on any of the excursions--any you really liked or would not choose again?

I really enjoyed The Freedom Trail walk in Boston.  The guide brought history to life.  We also enjoyed the Anne of Green Gables tour in PEI.   It was more than just Anne and you had a fabulous overview of PEI and a wonderful lobster lunch at a sweet restaurant.  The all day tour of Quebec was also very good, if you aren’t planning on spending extra days there.  The tours in Saguenay are weak, but cruising in and out of the fjord is lovely.  We did the Cliff Walk and Breakers tour, unfortunately in the rain, but enjoyed it none the less.  I did hear from a couple who went on the oyster tour I believe in Portland,  that it was poorly done and they were only served 3 oysters.  It was an expensive not included tour.  Overall, we were very satisfied with the quality of tours included and extra cost.  

Enjoy your cruise!   I’m sure you will like Silversea.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We will be on this cruise in late August. Thank you all for the valuable information on the ship and tours. At what time does the entertainment start each evening?