Wireless internet

osp320

I just got off the liberty 9 hours ago, it was 75 cents a minute, or you could buy blocks of time and get the price down to as low at 45 cents.

I could get myself in trouble cuz I'm an internet junkie.

I thought just the internet cafe charged for internet use. I thought I read that you could use the wireless network was at no charge. Please help me out on this, I was planning on bringing my laptop on our cruise to use in our room.

I thought just the internet cafe charged for internet use. I thought I read that you could use the wireless network was at no charge. Please help me out on this, I was planning on bringing my laptop on our cruise to use in our room.

Valor and Liberty are only Carnival ships with Wifi access from your cabin and it definitely is not free.

They have wireless access on all the ships and only the Liberty and Valor have it shipwide so far. Depending where the Internet Cafe is, you can sit in many spots and still get access.

I usually buy 100 minutes for $55. If you are using Outlook Express or Thunderbird, your best bet is to get on and download your e-mails then log off. Read and reply to your e-mails and then log back on. This will save you a lot of time and minutes. Usually 100 minutes will last me the entire cruise and I can keep in touch with my company.

Keep in mind that the Internet service on the ship is slow!

I just got off the Conquest and the WiFi worked great - not free but easy to sign up and use (you do have to turn off popup blockers and your firewall).

The WiFi connection comes up without paying but you can't see anything (found out when I ran out of minutes)

It is suppose to only work on decks 4,5, and 9 but I found out in works on the stairs on 2.

R

I used it on the Valor last week for the very first time, I was able to post from my cabin with very good to excellent signal. I got the 100 min. plan for 55.00 plus a 3.95 set up fee. It is best to write what ever you need to write on wordpad and Log-on do a quick copy/paste and log off quickly. If you are surfing Cruise Critic or a slow website, then after you log off, leave that page open so all you have to do when you log on again is Refresh and youre there. Dont post any pictures, they take up alot of time. I also noticed that even after you log off, you still loose 4 to 5 minutes each time, thats pretty bad. Make sure to sign up on day one to get the extra 20 minutes for free. Also go down to the Internet Cafe on day one and enter the free drawing for 100 free minutes. If you plan on doing Email and work online then you have to get the 250 Min. for 100.00 because 100 minute wont cut it.

To log on all you need to do is first initial and last name with your cabin number, example: JDOE2334 Then your first password will be you birth date like Month and year 021964 and after youre in you can change the birth date password to and easier one.

Fred

Archived