Help with the SIT but from Civitavecchia to Rome Please!!

like2cruise

My husband and I are wanting to spend a few days in Rome after our cruise that ends in Civitavecchia on Sunday, October 20th. We are planning to take the cruise line's free shuttle to Largo del Pace and then walk the short distance to catch the SIT bus that departs at 9:30am. Has anyone done this? Is it an easy process? Do we need to buy the SIT bus tickets in advance? Any additional advice is appreciated!!

This is a relatively new service, so far I haven't seen anyone report back on it.  It seems like a great option for transfer, but less great for a port day visit.

They list the stop as Largo della Pace, so it seems you would simply transfer from the port shuttle bus to the Sit bus right at the transportation center.

The demand may not be high yet since this is so new, but if you're sure you want to use it I would buy in advance.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks so much euro cruiser!  We didn't realize it was a new service so that makes sense why we couldn't find much talk about it, so that was making us question the option.  The SIT bus stop gets us closer to our hotel then the train does so seemed to be a better option for us.  

Edited by like2cruise