Carry On Water

LILDUDETTE

I understand from reading the boards that some of you carry on bottled water in your carry on luggage. This may be a stupid question, but doesn't that make your carry on very heavy, or is there a trick to it?

Water weighs approximately 7#/gallon at sea level. You do the math. icon_razz.gif

In all seriousity, I've seen people just strap a case or two or ten (ok, maybe not TEN) of bottled water to one of those collapsable luggage carts and just wheel it aboard.

demon2.gif

namelogo.png

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

I've also seen an entire case of bottled water with a cabin number taped on. It was checked with their other luggage. I can't say if they received it or not but it sure looked like a good idea to me.

dolph.gif

Carnival Pride 5/4/02

Carnival Conquest 1/19/03

Carnival Legend 1/16/04

Carnival Destiny 10/24/04

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

florida_fl_md_wht.gif

Water on board the ships is very clean. If you could see the system it's awsome. Plus you can buy some bottled water on board and in some cases we got some free when going on shore.

Never been sick or had the first problem drinking ship water. But then being a Cajun they tell me that nothing can hurt my stomach! icon_wink.gif

1/16/05 Conquest Cruzin' Crazies! Better known as the Griswold Cruzin' Crazies)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;16;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

http://community.webshots.com/user/logoshoe

Being a old sailor and use to make fresh water in the navy. The water on the ships is probley better than the junk in the bottles. And most cruise ships i have been the water taste great.

TILL THE PARTY STARTS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;5;9;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

USS Howard W Gilmore

USS Coronado

Uss Ponce

Asault Craft Unit 2

Fascination Mar 03

Miracle May 04

I get sick very quickly on different water and I am always cautious buying water in ports to stay safe. I ran out of water towards the end of my Carnival cruise (Elation) and am happy to say no bad effects.

Sadly, I can't say that about some other non Carnival cruises - but maybe its changed now . One cruise I drank the lemonade near the pool and got sick. My husband got sick for 2 days on a Disney cruise years ago and couldn;'t make it out of bed.

However, both of us as I said before have weak stomachs and are susceptible to this sort of thing. Only you know your own stomach so this is different for different people.

maria stallings

Archived