Who has travelled with their dogs?

diddy02

I am returning from the US back to the UK and am considering coming home on QM2 with three dogs. Has anyone and their pets used this service? I have a dog that is just about terrified of life and the tought of him on a plane fills me with dread. I cannot help thinking that the QM2 would be a far nicer experience for all of us.

I am returning from the US back to the UK and am considering coming home on QM2 with three dogs. Has anyone and their pets used this service? I have a dog that is just about terrified of life and the tought of him on a plane fills me with dread. I cannot help thinking that the QM2 would be a far nicer experience for all of us.

Hi, I used the kennels on QE2 several times for my pets, and once on QM2. Every time it has been great. The staff looking after the kennels are real animal lovers and look after all the animals beautifully. It's much easier on your pets, and there are generous visiting times, open deck space for play and fresh air and peace of mind for you!

I am just thankful Cunard will not be removing the kennels after all. I am terrified of putting my dog in an airplane cargo hold. I've never done it, and don't plan to ever do it. It seems inhumane to me.

The guys who have taken care of the QM2 and QE2 kennels have always been great. They take good care of them, and spend time playing with them during the day, etc.

The only misgiving I had were the 3 times my dog was the only one in the kennels. I hated that he was all alone at night, and I think he had a difficult time with that; seemed to become a bit neurotic in his behavior. My dog hates being alone. However, he's a little trouper, who is used to traveling with me, and he always seems to be a happy pup in the end.

Cunard was having problems with it's computers for quite a while apparently, at one point. The kennels were shown to be full when they were actually empty (I had to keep on trying, until they realized the mistake), which is one reason my pup had to travel alone.

Archived