Carnival Firenze Embarkation Lunch Choices?

What Embarkation lunch choices on The Firenze do we have besides the buffet?

Thank you for any assistance, we leave on Sunday.

We didn't check it out but I believe the MDR is not open.

As far as I can remember though, most of your fast casual places are open, chicken shack, pizza, Guys, deli, La Strada grill and Tomodoro's (new Mexican food place with Italian stuff mixed in).

We did not eat at La Strada.

• Like 1

I saw a YouTube video someone posted saying the dining room Deck 3 Aft had a secret buffet on embarkation day that no one knew about. I was wondering about that.  It may be less crowed than the Lido that day. 

Thanks Weezal for posting that! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pppiglet said:

I saw a YouTube video someone posted saying the dining room Deck 3 Aft had a secret buffet on embarkation day that no one knew about. I was wondering about that.  It may be less crowed than the Lido that day. 

Thanks Weezal for posting that! 

Just now, gkthorn said:

Wow, thank you so much. I think will hit Michelangelo.

Also il Mercato I believe has one too.

I was on the May 16 Firenze cruise.  Hubby & myself, boarded the ship, went straight to muster and then headed to La Strada Grill on deck 5.  This was about 11:45-noon.  Very few guests besides us.  To tell you the truth, for me, it was just okay.  I really, really like Guys bbq much better.  We wanted to try La Strada and knew it was only open on embark day and sea days which we only had two sea days.  Later that afternoon, we were down at what I call Havana but on Firenze it is something else.  We were at the bar trying a drink and talked to three guests that had lunch at Michelangelo.  They said it was buffet style and good.  If the weather is bad outside, I would suggest trying it.  The day we boarded the weather was wonderful, so we decided to have lunch outside on deck 5.  Il Mercato is on deck 11 and is basically the deli plus meatballs.  One thing a bit different is that they offer regular ole Lay's potato chips instead of frenchfries.  We did try the meatballs and liked them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1