T.A.M. Bus from Ostiense to Fiumicino Airport

desibee

Hello, has anyone here taken the T.A.M. shuttle bus from Ostiense to Fiumicino Airport?  It looks like a vastly cheaper way for us to get to the airport but the trip advisor reviews are so terrible that I’m hesitant.  Can anyone share their experiences, good or bad?

1 hour ago, desibee said:

Hello, has anyone here taken the T.A.M. shuttle bus from Ostiense to Fiumicino Airport?  It looks like a vastly cheaper way for us to get to the airport but the trip advisor reviews are so terrible that I’m hesitant.  Can anyone share their experiences, good or bad?

I am researching for a 2025 Rome visit & have no experience with TAM bus. Being that it is the only bus that serves FCO from Ostiense, that may appeal to you but there are 3 other bus lines to FCO from Termini, Terravision,SIT & Rome Airport bus .

The Leonardo Express train is 14 Euro but I found the regional FL1 train from Roma Trastevere is cheaper at 8 Euro and a shorter ride in time. Trastevere is easier for me from my hotel than Termini and Leonardo Express & I will use the regional train next year.

31 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

Is there a reason you don't want to take the train?  How much cheaper is the bus than the 8 euro local train?

I’m worried about hauling luggage on a commuter train during a morning rush hour.