Celebrity Cruises--Finding/meeting others from the community? Experiences with this line?

jaldag

Posted (edited)

So, after taking a gay cruise (The Cruise by La Demence) in July of 2022, my husband and I are taking our first non-community specific cruise since 2016 in December of 2024 on the Celebrity Eclipse.  Our first cruise on Celebrity.  Our prior cruises were with Norwegian.  They always had "Friend of Dorthy" type events to meet others.  Is something like that done on Celebrity?  I know I've heard in the past that Celebrity was considered a LGBTQ+ friendly cruise line.  Is that still the case?  Any other thoughts/experiences with Celebrity to share?  Thanks. 

Edited by jaldag
more expansive name in title

• jaldag changed the title to Celebrity Cruises--Finding/meeting others from the community? Experiences with this line?

I don't know too much about Celebrity, but you can check the roll calls here. And you can also check out the Meet Me On Board app, it was just relaunched this month.

• Like 1

Yes, they are gay friendly.  Usually have a meet up every night. You may have to look for it under “guest events” board at front desk if not listed in app/program. Last year we were told they’re taking all the AA meetings, religious events, community-specific things like this off the daily listings and into their own section.  But all the staff were welcoming.  No one batted an eye about two men having the beds made up as one, etc.  very welcoming. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Celebrity is LGTBQ friendly.  The demographics will probably tilt older than gay only cruises, but you probably won't experience any discrimination from other guests.  Many of the crew will probably be LGTBQ.  The ship will have an evening LGTBQ get together Happy Hour - on celebrity its usually at the Martini Bar (I think).  We have found the participation at these to be hit or miss - sometimes there have been 20+, sometimes we walk by and no one is there - every sailing has been different.  If you are interested in meeting people from the community, I recommend going to the Happy Hour the first night.  The Eclipse was our first cruise together and we loved it.  Hope you have a great time!

Edited by Stealthdog
  • Like 1

I live 2 blocks from Port Everglades.Celebrity is my favorite.Cruise almost every month.Have never had an issue.I am single now,but went frequently with my ex.Will be on Reflection in August.The new 4 day ones.They are also changing with the times.Have met many gay and straight people.I like trivia.The smaller ships still have a sauna.