Is it rude to ask...

jdockery

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>1) Most of the people responding will not be in a CAT12 and therefore could NEVER offer a valid response.

2) for those that might be in a suite (we were), <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can anyone say SNOB boys and girls??? I knew you could. I just could not help myself (for those of us who will be in a suite, like WEEEEEEEEEE were)....

ROFL

Well, not all of us in suites are snobs, but some people DO pay much more for a cruise so they can be in a suite and enjoy it.

I cruise and want a suite because I spend time in my cabin and I like the space.

I don't think I'm a snob, but some people spend their money on Lexus automobiles, big screen TVs and have dinner out every night...I like to spend my money on first class accomodations on a ship. I only do it a few times a year and it's something special for me. I say if you can afford it...go for it. I don't begrudge anyone their extravagances and I say more power to them.

As I said, it ISN'T rude to ask, I just hope for your sake GAndie isn't on the other side of the door. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Ask anybody Anything you want. The rudeness comes in the response [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Miracle 7/17/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;7;17;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

I do belive I am FAR from a snob. I mentioned that we were in a suite ONLY as a basis for MAYBE being able to answer the question from personally being there.... that's all.

I stand by my earlier statements that few REALLY know how they were answer sitting here on these boards vs. standing at the door in our undies.

Alaska via Spirit 6/2/04

• 2 years later...
Why not bring a laptop and have the movie put onto DVD or wmv or some other laptop friendly format so you can watch it that way? OR, get it put on DVD which by the way lasts longer then VHS, and get a portable DVD player. That way every year you have your wedding footage, you have your player and you can watch it ANYWHERE, in the car, on the beach, in a restaurant, etc. You aren't leashed to a TV and VCR. I think that is a far superior solution then knocking on a strangers door, not to mention a lot safer!

Wonder if those people that have gone missing have been one's walking around knocking on strangers doors. :|

Should you be taking another cruise I agree with previous post that you should transfer video to DVD, and pack a laptop. DVD more durable. Laptop also good to send and receive email, as you only have to log on to receive, you can answer them at your leisure, and log back on to send replies...less time online. Also great while travelling on plane or in car, movies, games, download pictures from camera and keeping a detailed log of your trip to post when you get back.....
....still there, or have you gone to Best Buy! :p

Gee....I wonder if they are planing a cruise for their 12th, as original post was 2004!

Believe it or not, everybody on your cruise may not be an "upstanding citizen" Proof of that is on these boards almost every day. People are constantly writing in talking about weird behavior and in my opinion, your request falls into that category so to let a perfect stranger into my cabin is "Out of the question" Sorry about that.

[quote name='AppleValleyCruisers']You beat me to it:D

Where is Tef?[/quote]

He probably got weary of other people who showed up on here and took his irascible cantankerous position...without the wit, verbiage, and knowledge inherent in his answers.

At least we know he isn't masquerading...since an imposter could not do him justice! :D He'd give himself away if he were to come back as a "new" poster.

Nobody does it better...although a few oldtimers come close when they're grumpy.

[quote name='jikan11']Why not bring a laptop and have the movie put onto DVD or wmv or some other laptop friendly format so you can watch it that way? OR, get it put on DVD which by the way lasts longer then VHS, and get a portable DVD player. That way every year you have your wedding footage, you have your player and you can watch it ANYWHERE, in the car, on the beach, in a restaurant, etc. You aren't leashed to a TV and VCR. I think that is a far superior solution then knocking on a strangers door, not to mention a lot safer!

Wonder if those people that have gone missing have been one's walking around knocking on strangers doors. :|[/quote]

[SIZE=3][B]jikan11 [/B]looks like are the one who dug this one up ! :rolleyes:

[/SIZE]

[quote name='jikan11']Why not bring a laptop and have the movie put onto DVD or wmv or some other laptop friendly format so you can watch it that way? OR, get it put on DVD which by the way lasts longer then VHS, and get a portable DVD player. That way every year you have your wedding footage, you have your player and you can watch it ANYWHERE, in the car, on the beach, in a restaurant, etc. You aren't leashed to a TV and VCR. I think that is a far superior solution then knocking on a strangers door, not to mention a lot safer!

Wonder if those people that have gone missing have been one's walking around knocking on strangers doors. :|[/quote]

Considering the thread is over 2 years old, let's hope they figured something out :p

[quote name='GoinCruisin']Considering the thread is over 2 years old, let's hope they figured something out :p[/quote]

Maybe the original poster decided to leave the tapes, DVDs, and players home and re-enact the event!

I *STILL* miss TEF, though.

[quote name='voyagerfl'][SIZE=3][B]jikan11 [/B]looks like are the one who dug this one up ! :rolleyes:
[/SIZE][/quote]

oppps. Sorry for digging it up! I was searching for a thread on "DVD Player" to see if anyone had commented to see if a DVD player was in the suites on the inspiration or if one could be hooked up. I saw this post and thought I would leave my comments and never even looked at the date!!

My goof! :) Sorry everyone! I'll look more closely!! :o

[quote name='jikan11']oppps. Sorry for digging it up! I was searching for a thread on "DVD Player" to see if anyone had commented to see if a DVD player was in the suites on the inspiration or if one could be hooked up. I saw this post and thought I would leave my comments and never even looked at the date!!

My goof! :) Sorry everyone! I'll look more closely!! :o[/quote]

We're just yanking your chain... no worries!!

[quote name='jikan11']oppps. Sorry for digging it up! I was searching for a thread on "DVD Player" to see if anyone had commented to see if a DVD player was in the suites on the inspiration or if one could be hooked up. I saw this post and thought I would leave my comments and never even looked at the date!!

My goof! :) Sorry everyone! I'll look more closely!! :o[/QUOTE]

You did a search?? Wow, no need to apologize for that!! :D ;)

I would like to think, that somewhere on over 1000 feet of a multi million dollar ship is somewhere a VCR that isn't being used for 10 minutes.. Outside of the suites.. Just ask the purser.. They are kind of like Radar from MASH.. able to come up with many things..

Alas.. that was two years ago..

I guess I can go take the pop corn out of the microwave...

The beer is already cold:rolleyes:

My goof! :) Sorry everyone! I'll look more closely!! :o[/quote]

Not only do you not need to apologize, you will be receiving a Citation of Valor and Appreciation for using the search feature:D

Archived