Mardi Gras embarkation day Guys Pig and Anchor

Posted (edited)

I'm just wondering if Guys Pig and Anchor is free on embarkation day. We avoid the buffet on that day because it feels like the entire ship is there, LOL. We usually eat Cucina del Capitano, but checking out other free options as well for our next cruise. First time on the Mardi Gras.

Edited by mnlovesdisney

• mnlovesdisney changed the title to Mardi Gras embarkation day Guys Pig and Anchor

Yes it’s open on embarkation day and it’s our favorite place to go to on embarkation day when we are on an Excel class ship. It’s not crowded at all and it’s on deck 8 all the way aft in the Summers Landing area where all the fun stuff is. There’s a nice big bar, foosball, soft serve ice cream, a drink area with the self serve soda machines, and a sports lounge with TV’s and tons of sofas to relax on. It gets really popular and crowded later on in the cruise but on embarkation day it’s pretty empty and quiet. 

• Like 1

This is crazy.  On the ships that have it, we have always had lunch at the Captain's Pasta Bar (Cucina) on embark as it is so much quieter and nice to be served. I asked the question about Cucina being open for lunch on Mardi Gras and got so many different answers.  Some said it was open, some said only on sea days and some said not at all for lunch.  No idea what is right at this point.

5 hours ago, TerReuv said:

This is crazy.  On the ships that have it, we have always had lunch at the Captain's Pasta Bar (Cucina) on embark as it is so much quieter and nice to be served. I asked the question about Cucina being open for lunch on Mardi Gras and got so many different answers.  Some said it was open, some said only on sea days and some said not at all for lunch.  No idea what is right at this point.

We've been on Mardi Gras 4 times, with 2 more  booked. I'm pretty sure neither Cucina nor ChiBang have ever been open for lunch on embarkation day but I can say I'm absolutely certain that was the case on our 4 cruises. They are both open for lunch on sea days.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, TerReuv said:

We’ve been on the Celebration twice, the Mardi Gras twice, and the Jubilee once. And I can say for absolute certain that Cucina Del Capitano is NOT open for lunch on embarkation day on the Excel class. If it was open it would be my first choice for lunch. The reason it’s not open is because it’s being used for muster drills on that first day. So is Chibang, it’s closed for the same reason. Cucina has the free lunches all week long too, just not on embarkation day. 

Edited by cruisinqt
  • Like 2

On 6/15/2024 at 9:23 PM, cruisinqt said:

We’ve been on the Celebration twice, the Mardi Gras twice, and the Jubilee once. And I can say for absolute certain that Cucina Del Capitano is NOT open for lunch on embarkation day on the Excel class. If it was open it would be my first choice for lunch. The reason it’s not open is because it’s being used for muster drills on that first day. So is Chibang, it’s closed for the same reason. Cucina has the free lunches all week long too, just not on embarkation day. 

Thanks.  That at least makes sense.  It's always such a nice option on Embark and leaving the crazies on the lido deck.  LOL  We will definitely go for lunch during the week & the make your own bowls at Chibang sound like the Mongolian Wok.  

• Like 1