Celebrity Zenith- March 20-25, 2006

Kacy

I just got back from my cruise on the Zenith and enjoyed it. I will post more later, but here are just some of the bits that you might want to know...

Cruise Director: Jeff Potts (enjoyed him, and loved when he went into the pool suit, tie, socks, and all!)

Activities Director: Natalie Clemens (she was great and I really enjoyed getting to know her. She really was the 'assistant cruise director' as Jeff joked one morning.

Our cabin steward was Harry. Our Caravelle restaurant servers where Irfan and Peter. The two other staff members caught my attention where Paul Bigge and Ricardo.

Ricardo was the sports activity director and I can't think of his name for the life of me! (If anyone does know his name and can help me out, that'd be great. Trying to put everyone in my scrapbook...) Anyhow, he seemed to be one of those who did a lot of the work, but was kinda shy and quiet about it. I was very impressed with him.

Overall experience- our cruise was good. I wouldn't say perfect, but definately good. I was very impressed with the Celebrity Singers and Dancers and thoroughly enjoyed thier three shows. The ports where nice, though sometimes there seemed to be confusion about the excursions (especially in Grand Cayman). I did enjoy the excursion though. I enjoyed most of the food, but was disappointed that things seemed to all close down. I like to think that if I want to go to swimming and enjoy the buffett at 3am that it's open, but alas, as I said, overall though it was a good cruise.

;) ~Kacy~

What was your cabin number? Just asking because we were on the cruise also and Harry was our room steward. Was Michael the name you couldn't remember? He led some of the trivia contests out by the pool.

I remembered Michael, in addition to doing some of the poolside activities he was a great Bingo caller (though not at par with Natalie).

No, it was actually Ricardo the sports activities director, it's his last name I can't remember. I asked him for it, so I could write it on those lovely questionaires, but never thought to write it anywhere else. I am putting together a scrapbook and photo albums, and want to put his name in it, but just can't remember Ricardo's last name.... it was something like Vitorino, but I don't think Vitorino was it.

Lastly, our cabin was 6004... at the very very end of the hallway, only one other cabin was ahead of us.

;) ~Karen~

Glad that you had such a good time on Zenith, Karen. We will also be on the Carribbean deck for our cruise to Bermuda in June, but at the other end of that long hall. Did you use the fitness center at all? Are the machines in pretty good shape?

We were in 6014. Got pretty rocky at the end of the ship that last day, didn't it? We used the fitness room. It was fairly small. There were two bikes and one of them wasn't working properly. I think 5 treadmills and two were not functioning. They had 2 elliptical machines also and think they were ok. They also had free weights and a weight machine with 4 different attachments. It was adequate, but nothing special. It is also pretty difficult to walk on the jogging track, as it passes the hot tubs and is often wet there. We loved our cruise and had a terrific time though. The weight room is really one of the few things we thought needed improvement.

Archived