Post Cruise in Orlando for a few hours

Our cruise in late September ends in Port Canaveral, early am.   Unfortunately, our return flights to Canada do not depart from Orlando International airport until 9:15 pm.  I am seeking any suggestions/ideas on how to spend the 8 to 9 hours that we will have in Orlando post cruise. 
We have previously visited The Kennedy Space Centre so it is not top of our to do list.  Any other suggestions/ideas on what can be done in the Port Canaveral area or in areas near to the airport would be greatly appreciated.   Are there hotels that offer day use rooms?  We will not have a car and our transportation will be by taxis or a shuttle service.  Any suggestion on a shuttle service would also be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Canadian Guider said:

Our cruise in late September ends in Port Canaveral, early am.   Unfortunately, our return flights to Canada do not depart from Orlando International airport until 9:15 pm.  I am seeking any suggestions/ideas on how to spend the 8 to 9 hours that we will have in Orlando post cruise. 
We have previously visited The Kennedy Space Centre so it is not top of our to do list.  Any other suggestions/ideas on what can be done in the Port Canaveral area or in areas near to the airport would be greatly appreciated.   Are there hotels that offer day use rooms?  We will not have a car and our transportation will be by taxis or a shuttle service.  Any suggestion on a shuttle service would also be appreciated.

There is a Hyatt right in the airport that has day rooms…

Posted (edited)

The Florida Mall is the largest mall in the Orlando area and it's pretty close to the airport. There is a hotel attached to the mall (Florida Hotel and Conference Center) that is popular with airline crews.

You can also check website https://www.dayrooms.com/en/. There should be hotels available with pools, lazy rivers, etc if you'd prefer a resort experience.

For less than the price of all those shuttle and taxi rides, you should consider a 1 day car rental, picking up in Cape Canaveral, FL and dropping it at MCO later that evening. That gives you complete flexibility to go where you want. You actually have enough time to do a Disney, Universal or Sea World park.

Edited by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

Disney Springs would be my pick if you do a car rental as you will need somewhere to keep your luggage. Without a car rental you are going to be confined to a resort day pass somewhere that can hold your bags for you.

We had a similar situation last Spring - our flight was at 7pm.  We did the Day Rate at the airport right at MCO (Hyatt).  You have to book directly through hotel. It was perfect!  We took a shuttle when we got off the ship, checked into the hotel, and had lunch at the Chilis in the airport.  My husband then took a nap and I went for a last-minute swim and tan at their pool and finished my book.  We both showered before our flight, so we were refreshed and ready to go for our flight.  We brought our luggage down early, then made our way through security when it was time.  I would 100% do it again and recommend if you’re looking for relaxing and no stress, unless you are looking for more “touristy”/attraction/activity.

• Like 3