Nelson Twins

I dont know what ships they sing on but I saw they are with RCI now when I sailed Legend and it was on tv. I am 28, and Nelson twins were a huggggge favorite of mine back in the day :) BUT I looked into it further and it seems they have gone country now, and dont play their old rock songs when performing, although, maybe they do and I am not aware of it.

They have very short hair now too :eek:

• 9 months later...

My DH also loves Nelson and was REALLY hoping they would be on the AOS last June. Unfortunately they were not but we watched a special about them on the in-ship TV and they do play both their old rock hits AND some of their dad's stuff.

My DH and I were very pleasantly surprised to have seen the Nelsons on our cruise on the Serenade 2 years ago. They were thoroughly entertaining and I would definitely not mind seeing them again! They did a wonderful tribute to the whole Nelson family and performed many of their Dad's hits as well as their own (which frankly I don't remember). Wondering if there are other "names" on the cruise circuit these days?

You may remember them looking like this:

nelson.jpg

But today they look like this:

3178nr9.jpg

From left to right --> Ben Carey from Savage Garden, Gunnar Nelson, Sassy Chassis (Karen), and Matthew Nelson

The Nelsons were the featured entertainers on New Year's Day 1/1/07 on the Empress of Seas. :) Aren't we cute?

Hubby and I saw Nelson a few years ago at the New York State Fair (free show) They did the majority of their show of their dad's songs. They were very, very good! I was pleasantly surprised. We loved the show so much, we bought their CD. I wish they were going to be on our Cruise AOS Jan28.

• 3 weeks later...

Matt and Gunner are very sweet :) They have come into fender guitars to visit my husband many times and when one of the guys at Fender was very sick with cancer they donated money and gave a laptop to the man that was in the hospital so he could stay in touch with everyone at work. They also played on our cruise last Dec on Voyager. They do play their music as well as their father's it is a great show !

Kimberly :)

Monarch Baja 11/30/07

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/06

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

I'm so jealous!!!! I had the biggest crush on Matthew!!! ..... lol yes I know they are twins, but Matthew had shorter bangs, and I found that cute!!! :)

I'd probably have room service or windjammer dinner that night so I could catch both shows!!!!! I saw them live back in the day, and they did a great show. :)

I'm so jealous!!!! I had the biggest crush on Matthew!!! ..... lol yes I know they are twins, but Matthew had shorter bangs, and I found that cute!!! :)

I'd probably have room service or windjammer dinner that night so I could catch both shows!!!!! I saw them live back in the day, and they did a great show. :)

They did a great show this time. Matthew did most of the talking. Their website lists their performances including cruise dates although it does not specify ship.

BUT I looked into it further and it seems they have gone country now, and dont play their old rock songs when performing, although, maybe they do and I am not aware of it.

Interesting.... isn't that what their dad did.. (moved from R&R to country)... and that is part of where his song "Garden party" came from... as he said; "I didn't sound the same"

Interesting.... isn't that what their dad did.. (moved from R&R to country)... and that is part of where his song "Garden party" came from... as he said; "I didn't sound the same"

They played a mixture of their new stuff, some of their old stuff and their Dad's big hits. They went into the whole background of Garden Party and did it as a finale -- also played it in their Promenade session.

Archived