NCL regular balcony cheaper than Solo Balcony

debsjc

I was looking at a cruise on the Breakaway, and single occupancy on a regular balcony was coming up quite a lot cheaper than in a Solo balcony cabin. I would have preferred to have access to the Studio lounge, but it's quite a price difference. Has anyone come accoss this before, any advice? 

Check the cabin locations. The default regular balcony might not be in as good a place as the solo balcony, and choosing a different location (if available) might kick the price back up above the solo.

• Thanks 1

Yes this happens. You won’t have access to the solo lounge except if there is the solo meetups held in that space. On cruises with no solo supplement on regular cabins the solo designated is more expensive and usually worse locations. You just have to figure out if the coffee in the lounge is worth spending more on the solo cabin or not. 

• Like 1

I went ahead and booked a normal balcony, which had no solo supplement. If I had gone for the Studio Balcony, it was more expensive and it would just have been a guarantee (so I probably would have been moved anyway) 
I'm happy to hang out on the balcony, and attend some of the singles events that are on the program. I plan on having a relaxing time and not doing too much!

Edited by debsjc
  • Like 1