Sky Princess Guaranteed DA

Hello

We are new to Princess cruises, and have booked on the Sky Princess as a Guaranteed DA.  When I asked the agent on the phone what the DA specifically meant, she directed me to look at the deck plans to see where this would be.  The only deck that shows DA is the Dolphin (9th) deck.  Am I understanding this properly?  Will we be on the Dolphin deck once cabin is assigned?  TIA  

DAs on the Sky are midship Deluxe Balconies.  If being assigned a Deluxe Balcony, you'd have to be assigned one midship; since you booked the highest location category, there's no where other location you could be assigned.  The caveat is guarantee means that you will be assigned DA or better.  If you were to get upgraded to a new meta category (Premium Deluxe Balcony or above), it could be any location on the ship.  If upgraded to Premium Deluxe balcony, for example, you would be aft (Decks 8 to 15) or forward (Deck 9); mini suites are all over the ship; etc.

For reference, D in DA stands for Deluxe Balcony and A stands for midship.

17 minutes ago, profesionalstudent said:

Hello

We are new to Princess cruises, and have booked on the Sky Princess as a Guaranteed DA.  When I asked the agent on the phone what the DA specifically meant, she directed me to look at the deck plans to see where this would be.  The only deck that shows DA is the Dolphin (9th) deck.  Am I understanding this properly?  Will we be on the Dolphin deck once cabin is assigned?  TIA  

No I think you are misunderstanding the DA balcony with D#### balcony’s on Dolphin deck. I just check the deck plans on Sky and there are DA balconies on many decks. 

AZaTaz

This is where I was looking on the Princess website for the Sky Princess (as directed by TA)  It is the only deck that shows DA as a category.  Other decks show other balcony categories.  I'm I mistaken?  As I said, I'm new to Princess.  Thanks

Screenshot 2024-06-21 133630.png