just back from 3/11-3/22 norwegian wind

referee

this is my mini review, probably the worst cruise we've taken(10 in all).we flew from orlando to lax, no problem..boarded our united flight buckled up ready to go when the pilot said everybody off...flaps not working,,,,five hours later, new plane, off to hawaii, airline called cruise ship...will hold up ship for 120 of us. got on board for 8:00 p.m sailing at 9:30..they rushed us through security(good news)got to our cabin w/o luggage....tried to get something to eat...all restaurants closed only pizzeria opened...chef cooked pizza for us for 5 minutes said it was ready...wasn't...pizza in trash....back to cabin, luggage missing.. one hour later 1 of 2 suitcases arrived...2nd one nowhere in sight.....cabin steward had no idea.....suitcase arrived next day ay 10:00 a.m...delivered to wrong floor...how this can happen with color coordinated tags, don't know...on to cruise itself..hilo....rain...took ship sponsored tour to volcano national park....rain , but good trip...ate all meals on ship....food decent service very good..then onto kauai...rain..nothing planned did some shopping most excursions cancelled due to flooding ..back to ship sun came out for alittle while...next 2 days in maui...rain....son lives there, was our tour guide...great time saw places tourists don't usually go to...luau at feast of lele fabulous..next two day at sea to fanning island, got there, could not get off ship rain again.. at this point ship did nothing extra us (maybe could have sold us tee-shirts at half-price....SOMETHING...next 3 days back to kona, rain , did some shopping sightseeing ..last day day in honolulu, took grand finale tour good thing flight was 11:00 pm that night,great tour, did i mention it also rained..the wind itself is getting on in age...could definately use better stabilizers....really felt the motion...we spent alot of time at the ship's lounges, yes, drinks are weak and expensive, but, it would have been nice if they could serve nuts or some type of snacks at the bars,as you can tell, i'm not much of a writer and ncl could do nothing about the weather and as people were saying this was an inexpensive 11 day cruise (you get what you pay for),, but i think we'll stick to royal caribbean from now on..almost forgot...2nd day, toilet in cabin would not flush, took them from 8:00 am to 4:45 pm to send somebody to fix it(fixed in less than 10 mins)not a good thing when wife was seasick(trash cans in room came in handy)

Sounds as if most of the problems you encountered had to do more with the weather than anything else ...

But I am wondering about the comments regarding the stabilizers on Wind.

We're going to be on the repositioning cruise in late April - Pacific coastal waters from SF to Vancouver. I would imagine the waters could be a bit on the rough side ... has anyone else sailed under similar circumstances on the Wind?

(We're on a lower deck, failry near mid-ship, so hopefully we will have a smooth trip.)

Well, we all know the cruise lines cannot control the airlines or the weather but...restaurants closed at 8PM ?...how odd!

Isn't that the height of dinner time?

No room service?

Was the motion due to storms? Or the ship?

scdreamer ~ low, mid-ship is supposed to be the best way to go on rough seas;)

Have a wonderful cruise:)

scdreamer: We were on the lower deck (4) almost midship on our Wind last year and had no problems with the seas. The ride got slightly rougher as we went to Fanning Island and back, but none of us needed any sea-sick medication at all.

I am surprised to hear the restaurants were closed the first night. On our trip, Four Season/Terraces/LeBistro and LaTrattoria were all open until midnight, as long as you were seated by 10 pm. I'm not sure how long the sports bar was open that night. I also saw some great snacks in at least one of the bars--can't remember the name.

Sorry the weather hurt your trip, and that your flight was delayed.

hey guys....perhaps you didn't understand me or i did not make myself clear.....we got onto to ship about 9:30p.m, went to our cabin first, then went to try to get something to eat(approx 10:00p.m) at that point only pizzaria was open....i'm sure the newer ships have more modern and efficient stabilizers,as for the wind...i think it was launched in 1992?...we really felt the waves...(atlantic deck midship) again, can't blame ncl for the weather, i just thought the fact that we spent five days straight on the ocean, not being able to get off at fanning island..the ship could have done "SOMETHING" to please the disappointed passengers... :confused:

got on board for 8:00 p.m sailing at 9:30..they rushed us through security(good news)got to our cabin w/o luggage...

I think everyone read your review, which is why they were surprised about the restaurants being closed.

Too bad about the weather. Heard about the severe flooding in Hawaii.

Archived