embark Incheon and debark Yokohama 2025

jjduck

We are excitedly in the early stages of planning our South Korea to Japan cruise.

Would like to know what to generally expect at the Incheon port.  It's the Celebrity Millennium.  How "organized" might it be? (suite level)

We will likely arrive two days before and stay three days after the cruise.  Looking for hotel recommendations at either port, in the 3-4 star range?

Any comments welcome.

thanks!

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2024 at 7:15 PM, jjduck said:

We are excitedly in the early stages of planning our South Korea to Japan cruise.

I am on a similar itinerary with NCL, staying 2 nights before & 2 nights after.  I have just started looking at local transportation, hotels, and things to do before & after. 

We land in Incheon at roughly 4AM.  Transportation from the airport to downtown Seoul looks easy - one train.  Super information available here:  https://english.visitseoul.net/transportation,

There are some hotels right at Seoul Station, which is appealing for the ease of getting there, but the station is not in a prime tourism part of town.  But it is on a subway station that will get us where we want to go.  Given we are only there two nights, I might just do this.  We'll basically sleep and store our luggage in the hotel. Given our likely arrival at the hotel before 8 AM, we may just pay for an additional night to check in immediately.

I have not figured out transportation to the cruise terminal.  Writing this post is making me go find info like this:  http://www.ipfc.or.kr/eng/content/view.do?menuKey=696&contentKey=187 So now I know where the terminal is!  It is still confusing, they indicate three different locations cruie ships may dock, and each has a different set of directions for which you use different subways stops and have possibly significant distance remaining (most not walkable with luggage).

And I have not even looked at Tokyo yet.  

If you have found good info, please share.  There are probably additional posts here on CC with info - yours was the first I found.

Edited by itsnotjustme

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2024 at 7:15 PM, jjduck said:

Would like to know what to generally expect at the Incheon port.  It's the Celebrity Millennium.  How "organized" might it be? (suite level)

We will likely arrive two days before and stay three days after the cruise.  Looking for hotel recommendations at either port, in the 3-4 star range?

Any comments welcome.

thanks!

It seems like we may be on the same cruise ( Millenium Sept 23rd, 2025-Oct 5th, 2025).

We are also looking for the same informations ( hotels, ports, transportation).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/7/2024 at 12:16 PM, itsnotjustme said:

I have not figured out transportation to the cruise terminal.  Writing this post is making me go find info like this:  http://www.ipfc.or.kr/eng/content/view.do?menuKey=696&contentKey=187 So now I know where the terminal is!  It is still confusing, they indicate three different locations cruie ships may dock, and each has a different set of directions for which you use different subways stops and have possibly significant distance remaining (most not walkable with luggage).

We are on an NCL Cruise in Sept 2025.

I came across this while researching, so it looks as though all cruise ships dock at the Incheon Cruise Port terminal as circled on the map.

Now I know your confusion, you are thinking of three cruise terminals: Incheon International Cruise Terminal, Pier 1 of the Inner Port of Incheon Port, and Pier 3 of the Inner Port of Incheon Port?

Look at Google Map, accessing the Inner Ports must through Incheon Port Lock. Only Incheon Port Cruise Terminal (built in 2019) has immigration and customs facilities. It's no brainer where Celebrity cruise will dock.

International Business District Station on Incheon Subway Line No. 1 is the nearest metro stop to Incheon International Cruise Terminal (7km)

image.thumb.png.66ec993c3bfe829709c14d86bef97484.png

2 hours ago, shadow10 said:

We are on an NCL Cruise in Sept 2025.

I came across this while researching, so it looks as though all cruise ships dock at the Incheon Cruise Port terminal as circled on the map.

Cruise timetable for 2024 docks at Incheon International Cruise Terminal:

image.thumb.png.334b15de236e01b6aaf06d4dc2d44cb1.png

NCL cruise docks at Incheon International Cruise Terminal:.

Here is the cruise port web link:

http://www.ipfc.or.kr/eng/content/view.do?menuKey=696&contentKey=187

• Address : Incheon International Cruise Terminal, 438 Gukjehangman-daero, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
  •  
  • By car:
    • Exit through Neunghae IC on the 2nd Gyeongin Expressway → Drive towards Aam Logistics Complex and then towards the Incheon International Cruise Terminal
    • Exit through Cheongna-Wonchang TG on the 2nd Metropolitan Area Belt Way → Enter Incheon Port Overbridge and drive towards the Incheon International Cruise Terminal
    • Exit through Songdo IC on the 3rd Gyeongin Expressway → Enter the 3rd Songdo Bridge, move onto Central-ro, and drive towards the Incheon International Cruise Terminal
  • Nearest subway stations :
    • International Business District Station on Incheon Subway Line No. 1 (It takes about 15 minutes by taxi from the Incheon International Cruise Terminal, which is 7km away.)
    • Dongincheon Station on Subway Line No. 1 (It takes about 30 minutes by taxi from the Incheon International Cruise Terminal, which is 11km away.)
      ※ Transportation times may vary based on traffic conditions.
  • Nearest bus stops :
    • Incheon International Ferry Terminal (Intra-City Bus No. 16-1 and No.13 stop at the terminal)
  • Like 1