We have a Caribbean cruise on hold for September 2024, and we are looking to purchase trip insurance. We’ve had to use trip insurance in the past (2 times) due to hurricanes in route to booked all-inclusive resorts, so we are big fans of trip insurance. I’ve been looking at cruise policies and most don’t seem to cover cancellation due to hurricane predictions. Are there policies that allow one to cancel or reschedule a cruise due to a hurricane prediction? 

On 6/23/2024 at 7:35 AM, 4catlover said:

We have a Caribbean cruise on hold for September 2024, and we are looking to purchase trip insurance. We’ve had to use trip insurance in the past (2 times) due to hurricanes in route to booked all-inclusive resorts, so we are big fans of trip insurance. I’ve been looking at cruise policies and most don’t seem to cover cancellation due to hurricane predictions. Are there policies that allow one to cancel or reschedule a cruise due to a hurricane prediction? 

Hi 4catlover,

Yes, but only for a trip cancellation and not postponing or rescheduling a trip. You would have to have a plan that includes the 75% “Cancel For Any Reason” (CFAR) coverage.

Here's more information:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/cancel-for-any-reason-travel-insurance-plans/

Steve Dasseos

Thank you Steve.  I’m looking at your website and it appears I can get the Hurricane coverage with a FlexiPax plan. Would I still need the “cancel for anything” add on? It is expensive so I would like to avoid buying that coverage. 

17 hours ago, 4catlover said:

Thank you Steve.  I’m looking at your website and it appears I can get the Hurricane coverage with a FlexiPax plan. Would I still need the “cancel for anything” add on? It is expensive so I would like to avoid buying that coverage. 

Hi 4catlover,

No, you wouldn't need to get the cancel for any reason, too.

Also, I have 3 other plans that include similar Hurricane coverage, but the FlexiPax is probably the better priced of the choices.

Steve Dasseos