Privacy of Serenity Residence

thixson

I just booked a Serenity residence on the Explora II for Jan out of Miami. We are in 9094 in a serenity residence and wondering what the deck privacy situation will be like.  I hope no one can look down on us??? Anyone know? Thanks.

We've booked the same suite on Explora I for an  April TA. I too am wondering about privacy and even more about noise from the pool above (and to a lesser extent the one below on 5). I started a thread about noise and no one has yet answered about this suite specifically. 

As to privacy, just looking at the deck plan/YouTube videos of this and other aft suites, I suspect that people can see down at least to the area within feet of the railing. Just hoping they can't see the whole deck. 

35 minutes ago, sea bright said:

We've booked the same suite on Explora I for an  April TA. I too am wondering about privacy and even more about noise from the pool above (and to a lesser extent the one below on 5). I started a thread about noise and no one has yet answered about this suite specifically. 

As to privacy, just looking at the deck plan/YouTube videos of this and other aft suites, I suspect that people can see down at least to the area within feet of the railing. Just hoping they can't see the whole deck. 

16 minutes ago, thixson said:

Hummm, definitely don't want people seeing down onto our hot tub. I might change our room if that is the case. Bummer.

This is a great video of the ship's arrival in Barcelona ... if you scroll to the 5:00 mark and beyond, you will easily see how all the back decks line up and where the hot tubs are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a YouTube video of 9094 on Explora I and from it's balcony you can see the entire hot tub of the Owners Suite, which is directly below. The OS hot tub is an infinity tub built into the railing on a particularly deep deck so presumably it is very exposed. I would guess that the balcony on 9094 isn't quite as deep, and the hot tub isn't quite so close to the railing, but I suspect you can see at least part of it from above.