Havila Inside Cabin bathroom storage questions

mef_57

Looking at videos for Havila cabins, it's hard to see exactly what is available for putting your stuff when needed.

Is the mirror a bathroom vanity type that opens to shelves?

It doesn't look like there is a shower shelf to put personal shampoo, soap, etc. Is there one? If not, how did you juggle the extra items so they weren't always on the shower floor?

• 2 months later...
On 6/24/2024 at 2:12 PM, mef_57 said:

Looking at videos for Havila cabins, it's hard to see exactly what is available for putting your stuff when needed.

Is the mirror a bathroom vanity type that opens to shelves?

It doesn't look like there is a shower shelf to put personal shampoo, soap, etc. Is there one? If not, how did you juggle the extra items so they weren't always on the shower floor?

Not sure that I'm still in time for this, but here's what we found. 

The mirror was indeed a cabinet with shelves. Looked very tiny at first glance, but wow..it actually wasn't. I managed to fit all our toiletries in it, and they weren't a few. We used the two small glasses for toothbrush/paste and for some other mini things. 

As for the shower shelf, there isn't one unfortunately...BUT we sort of transformed the toilet seat (closed, of course) into one as it is so close to the shower. 

For info, the bathroom didn't flood once during our showers. Everything worked well...drains, pressure, temperature of the water, shower head. 

12 minutes ago, SESerSerena said:

Not sure that I'm still in time for this, but here's what we found. 

The mirror was indeed a cabinet with shelves. Looked very tiny at first glance, but wow..it actually wasn't. I managed to fit all our toiletries in it, and they weren't a few. We used the two small glasses for toothbrush/paste and for some other mini things. 

As for the shower shelf, there isn't one unfortunately...BUT we sort of transformed the toilet seat (closed, of course) into one as it is so close to the shower. 

For info, the bathroom didn't flood once during our showers. Everything worked well...drains, pressure, temperature of the water, shower head. 

Thanks for this update. I start my Norway journey in 23 days. Excited.

It seems there is not some clear plastic shower shelf on the shower track above the taps, which is adequate for any bar soap or mini toiletries.

Glad there was no flooding.