Cruise Cash Credit

Softservekid1

If you choose not to put a credit or debit card on file, the other major ways of funding your on-board account are cash, Gift Card, On Board Credit (OBC), or Cruise Cash.  

Of these four methods, only Cruise Cash and OBC can be used to fund your account prior to boarding the ship.  Otherwise, you will need to visit Guest Services or a kiosk after boarding to apply cash or Gift Cards.

Since I like to use Gift Cards, I can buy Cruise Cash on line with Gift Cards.  This way my wife can buy her drinks as soon as she gets on board.  I would only buy enough Cruise Cash to cover one or two days.  After that, I visit Guest Services to redeem my Gift Cards as needed (I am known to prowl around the ship in the late evenings, so no long GS lines).

To the OP - you may already know this, but Carnival's term for your cruise ID badge is Sail and Sign card.  Serves as your room key, payment card, and required ID to get on and off the ship.  Can also be used to scrape the gum from underneath the table and to pick gunk from between your teeth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1