Sensation OMG! Feeling nervous now.

bellazoemom

I live in FL, so our local news covers our ports. I just watched a news report of people leaving Sensation today and they were very upset. Many were yelling "carnival sucks" , some interviewed said things like: Orange water came out of the faucets in their cabin, people were sick (diahrea and vomiting), there was alot of construction happening onboard...etc etc. It went on and on and has totally freaked me out as I am about to take my first carnival cruise in April. Many people told reporters that they would never go with Carnival again. One lady also mentioned that 6 of her family members were made to leave the ship in the bahamas because they got upset with Carnival and a family member raised their voice at the Carnival person they were dealing with. They told the family they has 5 minutes to get all belongings off the ship. OMG.

Don't freak yet, we probably need to wait and hear what the others have to say. I just watched the news and we need to wait and see what else is said. We need to remember the media only goes to those that are upset. They wouldn't have a story otherwise.

This is from WESH.com. Emphasis is mine.

"CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Carnival's Sensation cruise ship arrived at Port Canaveral Monday morning, and some of the ship's passengers were apparently anxious to get home.

Some passengers on the ship called WESH 2 News and said the trip was a nightmare, WESH 2 News reported.

The trip was delayed Friday because it didn't meet Coast Guard safety standards. The ship docked just before 7:30 a.m.

Stay with WESH 2 News and WESH.com for further details. "

Let's hold off on panic until the entire story is heard.

I get that some people had their vacation not turn out so great but.....

They did not catch on fire.

They did not die in a horrable bus accident.

They are home safe.

It makes me so sad that people don't realize just how lucky they are. I am sure Carnival will make every effort to provide them with some sort of compensation towards another vacation.

I get that some people had their vacation not turn out so great but.....

They did not catch on fire.

They did not die in a horrable bus accident.

They are home safe.

It makes me so sad that people don't realize just how lucky they are. I am sure Carnival will make every effort to provide them with some sort of compensation towards another vacation.

yes, it was the first trip back in service. The fire safety problems were addressed prior to sailing. The current problem has been reported as a propulsion problem. The news reports are also that there were problems aboard the sailing such as bad water.

I call TA and asked what she could find out any thing given the fact we are also leaving on Saturday, and the answer she got from carnival was -

that there wasn't anything wrong with the ship and they weren't going to Grand Turk on this sailing due to customs delaying the ship? I'm going to try not to think about it, hope for the best and make the best of whatever comes. We are flying in from Michigan, what am I suppose to do if Carnival isn't up front about any problems or changes? As long as it's warm and I'm not at work, I guess I can't complain. Actually my biggest fear would be being delayed for seven hours with the kids at bording!!!!

It sounds no worse then the Soverign of the Seas first cruise after it's much publicized drydock last year.

I also strongly suspect that there is more to the story of the family that left in Nassau.

You bet duck ! Prob got very abusive and threatening--if so, deserved to be put off.

Archived