Lots of views but few replies ....

JeffNZ

Hey all - Why is this page so quiet?  Some posts have lots of views but no replies.  And the roll calls make it look like the poster is the "only gay in the village".  Where is everyone?  Are people shy? Or is there another place I should be looking?

Edited by JeffNZ
typo

On 6/30/2024 at 4:29 AM, JeffNZ said:

Hey all - Why is this page so quiet?  Some posts have lots of views but no replies.  And the roll calls make it look like the poster is the "only gay in the village".  Where is everyone?  Are people shy? Or is there another place I should be looking?

Hey JeffNZ - welcome to Cruise Critic!

I know!  Lots of views but then silence.

I have tried to start threads that I figured would get some traction but nothing.

6+ months ago there was significant activity in this forum, but of late nothing to speak of.

I love the fact that this forum is here, but if it is not seen as bringing value, then that is likely why others are not participating.

I hope that it is not just for roll calls and the potential of hooking up if you happen to be on the same sailing....?

Hello! I’ve posted here but agree, it’s often quiet.  The regular roll calls have so much more activity.  

but when I go aboard, often folks only have vague understanding of what cruise critic is at the LGBT meetups. I suspect they spend their time on other apps 😉