Sky Princess--Initial Thoughts after 10 year "break" from cruising

For the current and past cruisers:  What is the outlet situation in the room?  Sadly, in today's world, we're tethered to our electronic devices so charging options are needed.  Thank you for answering this silly question.

On 7/7/2024 at 5:31 PM, Gramps25 said:

For the current and past cruisers:  What is the outlet situation in the room?  Sadly, in today's world, we're tethered to our electronic devices so charging options are needed.  Thank you for answering this silly question.

The outlet situation is as follows (in our mini suite):

2 US-style plugs on the desk.  2 UK-Style (looks like they can convert).

USB connection on each lamp by bed (bring your cable).

1 covered outlet, US-style, in bathroom.

Those are the ones I found.  Didn't really need any more.

• Thanks 1

Hi Again.

Today is the first of the three sea days; and the last part of the trip.

Iceland---fantastic.  If you want to understand how the earth changes and is formed, visit here.  They are using geothermal energy in really innovative ways too.  Yes, it is expensive.  The ships tours we took turned out to be good values.  By the way, try Icelandic ice cream.  They love it there and make it their own special way.  Got some at a little local farm on a tour (our guide pointed it out to us so we walked over as we had time) and were glad we did.  Be sure to bring warm clothes if you are from a warm climate as the high temperature was generally around 50F.  Not too bad, but the wind can and does blow.  Be prepared to do some serious walking on certain tours to get the maximum value from the tour.  Bring hiking shoes (we are glad we did).

The problem with the crowd on this ship is that we are not on a warm-climate itinerary.  Because it is cold (yes, the pools are heated but the air is not), most people are trying to squeeze into the indoor public spaces.  I don't think Princess considered this when using these mega ships on the northern routes.  I had a long talk with the future cruise consultant about this and he did say the ship seems much less crowded on warm routes.  The pool decks are mostly empty so to me this makes sense.  I suspect on a warmer route people would spend more time at the pools so the venues would have less demand.  We continue to struggle with space in places like Princess Live and the Vista Lounge for certain shows and activities.

Went to the Crown Grill (walked up two hours before and got a table for 7PM--it was never full).  Food still great as was the service and pretty much the same menu as 10 years ago.  Of course, with the service charge it was $90 for both of us but that's OK as we had a credit on our folio to burn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FamilyGuy1010 said:

The outlet situation is as follows (in our mini suite):

2 US-style plugs on the desk.  2 UK-Style (looks like they can convert).

USB connection on each lamp by bed (bring your cable).

1 covered outlet, US-style, in bathroom.

Those are the ones I found.  Didn't really need any more.

Thank you very much.  Now we know we don't have to buy anything to help charge stuff.  🙂