Snorkeling at Princess Cays tour

rjack22

Has anyone done the "Snorkeling at Princess Cays" tour?   You take a boat out to a reef which is close by and spend an hour snorkeling.  It says it is for "experienced" snorkelers.   No problem there.   But what I am wondering about it how you get in and off the boat to snorkel.   The description says there is a platform at the stern that is underwater.   I am wondering how difficult this would be.   I am pretty sure if it is indeed at the surface or underwater that I can manage it.   I would like to hear from anyone who has done this or perhaps had a similar experience on another board of this type.

• 1 month later...

If I remember correctly, there was a ladder to climb up.  I would say unless you have OBC you are trying to use up, the snorkeling on this trip was not good.  Corals were dead and not much sea life.  It was very disappointing.  When we take a cruise that has Princess Cays as a port, I usually snorkel from the area were there is a small structure with a red roof (where people are feeding fish) and then slowly go all the way down to the opposite side to the end of the roped off area.  This area is very rocky, but there usually are some fish hiding in the rocks.  It can get quite shallow, but since you are experienced, you should be fine.