Royal Caribbean and Greece Tender Ports???

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, mivama said:

Who did you book for a private driver and about how much was that? Was it something you arranged before the cruise or just found someone when you were there. Thanks!!

We booked in advance with Santorini Road Trips, they offered several different excursions but i believe we chose a DIY tour where we told them sort of what we wanted to to and they put together the itinerary. We paid about 500 eu for the van (there were 6 of us), i thought it was well worth it! Driver was very nice and knowledgeable.

We booked in advance based on others advise that there aren't a lot of taxi's on the island, so trying to grab someone while there might be difficult. This way, we knew we had someone waiting for us and the day planned out. I prefer that!! 🙂

Edited by ajtaylor29
forgot something
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 12:03 PM, Simon-t said:

We’ve just finished seven days in the Aegean on Voyager. In Santorini we had the option of a tender to the New Port, then a bus transfer to Fira, booked on board through shore excursions. This avoided the very long walk up the donkey path or the lines for the cable car. The charge was €13 from memory, but a useful option. We got the transfer in the morning, and transfers then ran back to about 6.00pm. 

Hi, this sounds like a great option.  Do you remember what time the earliest tender to New Port was please?  Many thanks 

9 hours ago, Agathabumble said:

Hi, this sounds like a great option.  Do you remember what time the earliest tender to New Port was please?  Many thanks 

For the  outward journey we had to book a time slot - ours was 10.30, but I think they had been running from at least 9.00am. Return journey no booking was required and return ran (I think every 15 minutes) between 4.00 and 6.00pm.

10 hours ago, Simon-t said:

For the  outward journey we had to book a time slot - ours was 10.30, but I think they had been running from at least 9.00am. Return journey no booking was required and return ran (I think every 15 minutes) between 4.00 and 6.00pm.

Great thank you 👍