Deployment 2026-27 Booking Season Begins

On 9/28/2024 at 6:45 PM, blt23 said:

Is anybody able to make sense of Royal's winter 2026-27 bookings at Grand Cayman?

Liberty is showing as there most Tuesdays with timing that seems to make perfect sense for a Cozumel-Cayman-Jamaica sequence on Saturday departures, except that none of RGC's homeport terminals have an open set of Saturdays to use for that.

Adventure has bookings for alternating Tuesdays and Wednesdays with varying times, but I can't come up with a logical set of itineraries to justify weekly calls in that pattern.

The more straightforward ones are Independence with every other Thursday that matches what she's doing in winter 2025-26, and Rhapsody with sporadic calls that probably put her in Tampa again.

The Grand Cayman port schedule for winter 2026-27 has now been updated to remove the mess of Adventure bookings and Liberty's weekly Tuesday bookings have been replaced by Mariner.

2 hours ago, blt23 said:

The Grand Cayman port schedule for winter 2026-27 has now been updated to remove the mess of Adventure bookings and Liberty's weekly Tuesday bookings have been replaced by Mariner.

Would that indicate Mariner will be moving from Galveston?

54 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Would that indicate Mariner will be moving from Galveston?

Pretty sure back before OA class started sailing from Galveston they used to have a 7 day itinerary that did Jamaica and Grand Cayman.  That obviously went away as Oasis class can't tender but perhaps MN could be doing 7 day sailings from Galveston

1 hour ago, Ken at the beach said:

Pretty sure back before OA class started sailing from Galveston they used to have a 7 day itinerary that did Jamaica and Grand Cayman.  That obviously went away as Oasis class can't tender but perhaps MN could be doing 7 day sailings from Galveston

Or New Orleans. Brilliance is there this winter but they have nothing there winter of 25/26. I think that might be a little more likely than trying to sell Mariner against an Oasis or Icon class on 7 nights out of Galveston.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jasong38501 said:

Or New Orleans. Brilliance is there this winter but they have nothing there winter of 25/26. I think that might be a little more likely than trying to sell Mariner against an Oasis or Icon class on 7 nights out of Galveston.

I dont see them  putting a ship as large as MN in New Orleans.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

She would be a little larger than Carnival Liberty which is there year around but she is smaller than Norwegian Getaway which is there this winter or Norwegian Escape which is there next winter. Escape is bigger than even than Royal's Freedom class.

39 minutes ago, jasong38501 said:

She would be a little larger than Carnival Liberty which is there year around but she is smaller than Norwegian Getaway which is there this winter or Norwegian Escape which is there next winter. Escape is bigger than even than Royal's Freedom class.

I know other lines do and they are priced to reflect the market.  Royal seems to use it a a dumping ground for ships they want for the lucrative summer itineraries but has no room for them in the winter Caribbean market.  

2 hours ago, Ken at the beach said:

Maybe it would make slightly more sense if they include Costa Maya to build towards the opening of Perfect Day Mexico the following winter?

I can't come up with any other great explanations. It would be odd to have a ship doing all westerns from one of the major Florida ports, and none of the gulf ports have an obvious case either.

• Like 1

I got up extra early before getting ready for work this morning to see if 2026 Alaska sailings were up - fully expecting them not  to be.  And, they're not.  I have a job now where I can't check the website very often (at work), please post when you see them up this week (someone!).  Thanks!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marylandteachergirl said:

I got up extra early before getting ready for work this morning to see if 2026 Alaska sailings were up - fully expecting them not  to be.  And, they're not.  I have a job now where I can't check the website very often (at work), please post when you see them up this week (someone!).  Thanks!!

It is the week of 21 October.

They normally come out mid week.

5 hours ago, 2travelcats said:

What ships are likely to be sailing to Alaska from Vancouver in 2026?  Hope I’ll still be able to choose between 2 of the Radiance class ships!

Thanks for sharing

Serenade doing the 7 night roundtrip. 

Radiance has done the 7 night one-way sailings but it's being replaced in 2026.

One rumor is Voyager will replace Radiance.  We'll know for sure this week......

(waiting to book ASAP)

16 minutes ago, STEVE-O said:

Serenade doing the 7 night roundtrip. 

Radiance has done the 7 night one-way sailings but it's being replaced in 2026.

One rumor is Voyager will replace Radiance.  We'll know for sure this week......

(waiting to book ASAP)

We already know that Ovation is taking the one-ways, Voyager the Seattle Fridays, and Anthem the Seattle Mondays.

13 minutes ago, STEVE-O said:

How do "we" know this? I'm not seeing any releases from RCCL....

Royal uploaded select test bookings to their site for their Alaska sailings a couple weeks ago and some of us saw them before they were taken down.  Same goes for select European sailings last week.  There are some screenshots earlier in this thread if you wanna dig around.

• Like 1