Equinox Live - 7/11 Barcelona to Rome

31 minutes ago, KasioSails said:

It’s the last morning - we have a tour for Rome I will cover later but for now I can pass the sad moments reflecting on my room. 

Royal Suite / Retreat comments

I have stayed in all kinds of cabins while cruising (not sure I mentioned but this was cruise #10 for DH and I starting with our honeymoon. The RS is definitely the fanciest we have stayed in I feel including a 2 bedroom aqua theater room. We were in suite #1118 and it was such a perfect location - so convenient to most things and many days we could see shoreline in the distance. Despite being so central it was very quiet in the room. During the disco I could hear the music if you opened the door but once it closed it was quiet - same with the pool deck party I could hear it on the balcony but not in the room. 

Some room highlights on no particular order - we loved having 2 bathrooms -  it was so helpful when we all came back from something to be able split up. The large area between the couch along with the living room and table meant we never really felt crowded. There is so so much storage- you would need to be sailing for like a month to fully use all the storage spots. The separate shower / tub was a nice feature - each was very spacious and the shower had good water pressure. The jets in the tub are nice too. The walk in closet gave us a great space to store our luggage as well. The bed was very comfortable for sleeping and the boys said the pull out was pretty good too. I was happy our stateroom attendant was great about having the bed back to a sofa quickly so we didn’t lose the space all day. Overall in just room design I think it is obviously great - but it is pretty pricey and in a port intensive itinerary like ours it could seem unnecessary. I found I wanted to be sure I was getting the most out of it - but I am like that for all trips in all rooms. 

Is the retreat worth it? Yes and no for sure - we don’t really use the extra spaces like the lounge or sun deck that much (sun deck not at all). So that’s not worth it. But what is totally worth it for me is how much I can relax about planning. Things like rushing into the app for an embarkation time or dinner reservations or show seats just are not something to think about. It was so easy to just decide a plan and go with it. That was so amazing for us - especially with the boys. DH and I work long hours and sometimes we struggle with too many planning details (it’s one of the things that makes Disney seem daunting). So for us the space, ability to not struggle with planning or feel like we need to penny pinch on board is the ultimate benefit. 

Sounds awesome!  Disney does require a fair bit of planning.  When the kids were little I took them a lot and I enjoyed the extreme planning more than the actual trip.  🙂 Went with them a few years ago (teenagers) and let each plan a day in the park of their choice.  That worked great!

Hi,

Thank you for your posts, they were so enjoyable and have added to the excitement of my own upcoming cruise in August.

Can you remember which days are the Chic nights for attire on your itinerary?

Many thanks