Recent Windsor Castle visit feedback sought

ColoradoMom!!

I've searched and read a lot on visiting Windsor Castle, and hoping for some feedback from recent or busy summertime visitors.

I'm trying to decide what time for the timed entry ticket to purchase .  Apparently in the busy time of early August, they are very strict on the entry times, and the queues are long. 

I have seen folks say there is a separate line for those who have already purchased tickets, while other recent feedback says the line is the same until you get near the front. 

Some say go early, and others say the days tours that jam up the lines are there early, but clear out after 1:00.  

We will skip the dollhouse and want to see St George's chapel but heard it may close early in the day.  We will be there on a Thursday .

Any recent or busy time visits?  I would love to hear your experience. Thanks!

Hi, we're planning on visiting in a couple of weeks so I'm following this thread for people's responses!

One thing I did notice is that the Go City London Pass (all-inclusive tourist pass) that includes Windsor specifically says "Afternoon" (after 1pm) entry ONLY.. so I'm guessing that the crowds are considerably heavier in the morning.