Breakfast in Artisans' Kitchen

Summergee

Can anyone who has travelled on QA let me know if kedgeree is available in the Artisans' Kitchen at breakfast? We travel in Britannia and enjoy breakfast in the buffet on the other ships.

I presume you mean the Artisan Food Hall? Just done 23 nights on QA and breakfasted there quite a lot. No sign of kedgeree as far as I can recall.

Posted (edited)

You can request it in Queens Grill (you need to ask the day before).  It used to be on the standard QG breakfast menu but they took it off 2019/2020 ish.  Appreciate this doesn’t help the OP, but may be helpful for others.

Edited by Se1lad

The Artisans Foodhall, which I have sampled, translates to Workers Canteen. 

Cunards name posh, no?  to relate to another thread. 

Sorry, I dont know if kedgeree is available but I doubt it.  The notices of menu at each serving station were rather small to read.  What I do know is that on the only occasion we used the Foodhall / Canteen for breakfast, by the time I had reached the head of the queue at what was apparently the toast station the server said there was no bread.  By then I had lost the will and time to queue elesewhere.

19 hours ago, Planning to cruise said:

The Artisans Foodhall, which I have sampled, translates to Workers Canteen. 

Cunards name posh, no?  to relate to another thread. 

Sorry, I dont know if kedgeree is available but I doubt it.  The notices of menu at each serving station were rather small to read.  What I do know is that on the only occasion we used the Foodhall / Canteen for breakfast, by the time I had reached the head of the queue at what was apparently the toast station the server said there was no bread.  By then I had lost the will and time to queue elesewhere.

Certainly not my experience on the 23 nights I have just done on QA. Workers Canteen? - I'm afraid that's rubbish. So you used it once and based your negative opinion on that? The queues for toast were never that long, there were 2 crew members serving at each station and they never ran out of bread when I was there. Being served rather than helping yourself was a great improvement, both in matters of hygiene and speed of service. 

• Like 2

Just saying thats how I found it. 

I agree that the new system is much better for hygiene.

Also glad to hear that there are now 2 servers per station.  That will have speeded things.  Clearly they have realised that the one in early days was insufficient at busy times and to get back up.

As for the nickname. It wasnt meant to suggest that it is a canteen.  It was a strange name change from what was the Lido or Kings Court.  The direct translation is worker, and foodhall could be canteen.

2 hours ago, Planning to cruise said:

Just saying thats how I found it. 

I agree that the new system is much better for hygiene.

Also glad to hear that there are now 2 servers per station.  That will have speeded things.  Clearly they have realised that the one in early days was insufficient at busy times and to get back up.

As for the nickname. It wasnt meant to suggest that it is a canteen.  It was a strange name change from what was the Lido or Kings Court.  The direct translation is worker, and foodhall could be canteen.

I believe that Cunard want to give the impressing that the chefs are artisans.

I think the name is pretentious, but the food was good. I had breakfast there on mornings when I had early tours. No problem finding what I wanted once I learned my way around. At lunch I was happy with the soups and the salad bar. 

• Thanks 1