Wifi on board FRidtjof Nansen Disko Greenland

Fifi235

Hello !

If you went to Disko - Greenland with Fridtjof Nansen could you tell me how is the wifi on board ? I read it is limited. I only want to use it with what's app (message and phone call), do you think it will work ? Every day  ? (even if it isn't all day)

Thank you in advance.

They use SpaceX connection.  WiFi is free and reliable.  Limit is to things like cloud storage and video streaming, we succesfuly used for a video conference from Antartica last year, so no issues for message/phone calls.

We were on the Nansen in Antarctica... WiFi worked for us everyday.  There is nothing there - no villages - and we had reliable WiFi all the time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2024 at 10:08 AM, CDNPolar said:

We were on the Nansen in Antarctica... WiFi worked for us everyday.  There is nothing there - no villages - and we had reliable WiFi all the time.

Did you have anything on TV other than ship lectures?   Were you able to see movies or even web cam on Tv?

am onboard now just outside Reykjavik and only get the safety video.  No movies only black screen whenever we try to view anything 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

Did you have anything on TV other than ship lectures?   Were you able to see movies or even web cam on Tv?

am onboard now just outside Reykjavik and only get the safety video.  No movies only black screen whenever we try to view anything 

I don't watch a lot of TV when on a cruise, but do use TV to fall asleep most nights...

I don't remember not having TV other than the lectures, so there must have been.

Did you not approach Guest Services?

Most ships have canned movies and TV series.

16 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

I don't watch a lot of TV when on a cruise, but do use TV to fall asleep most nights...

I don't remember not having TV other than the lectures, so there must have been.

Did you not approach Guest Services?

Most ships have canned movies and TV series.

Guest services told us that it due to our location that we have nothing.  I have been on other ships that did have “something “.  We had tech guys as well.  They all just shrugged and said “that’s the way it is here “.  We don’t believe them.  We think there is a problem that they do not want to admit to.  
We can finally get some canned movies but still nothing more.  
We could not even get the map to work at first, but can finally see that 

1 hour ago, Fifi235 said:

Hello ! You have to click on the "house" key. You then have more choices.

Can you get live TV in your cabin?   Can you view Panomax camera?   I can view on my phone but not on TV screen (just dark black screen)

we can finally view some movies and the map but nothing more 

We can finally view most things on TV (ship webcam appears to be the only thing we cannot, but can still view on phone)

finally can see “live tv” and movies.  We are halfway to Greenland, so whatever the problem was, appears to be fixed mostly

I normally use tv to help fall asleep.  Maybe I will sleep tonight 😁